Joseph Seed X Reader: It's Happening Again

Request: The reader is pregnant with Joseph's child and the same thing happens to her that happened to his wife.

WARNING: mentions of death, death of a child, ANGST

Words: 777

Joseph used to have nightmares about the crash, about his wife's death and then the death of his child. Of course he felt guilty for what happened but he just wasn't ready for that life, he knows that it is no excuse for what he did but he also knew that he couldn't give that child a life that they deserve.

He was so scared when his wife told him that he was pregnant but when you told him that you were pregnant he wasn't so afraid. He had the usual worries and anxieties but nothing more than that. He knew that he was ready to have a child, to have a family. This time he could support them, give them the love and the life that they deserve. All of it with you by his side.

About six months into your pregnancy the nightmares started again. However, instead of seeing his ex-wife he was seeing you and his unborn child. The crash was the same, then your death and then...the baby. Joseph would wake up in a cold sweat, allowing you to calm him down but refusing to tell you what the nightmares were about.

Towards the end of your pregnancy you began to worry about Joseph, he was panicked and was constantly checking on you to make sure that you were alright. You knew what had happened to his wife and his child, you knew that he was worried that the same thing would happen to you but you always managed to calm him at least for a while.

Then you went into labour, the doctors said that Joseph couldn't be in the room while you gave birth and he just couldn't understand why. You both told each other that you loved each other, promising each other that everything would be alright, sharing a quick kiss before you had to leave.

When the time came and the doctor walked out to Joseph, it felt like time stopped. He could only stare at the doctor as they explained what had happened. Joseph squeezed his eyes closed, hoping that he would just wake up from this awful nightmare. It was a nightmare. It had to be. This couldn't be real. This wasn't real...was it?

Joseph felt both of his brothers place their hands on his shoulders in a sympathetic way and Faith wrapping her arms around his waist, resting her cheek against his back. They knew that he wasn't going to take this well, and none of them could blame him. But to loose a second wife, a second love of his life.

You had died in child birth and Joseph didn't hear the rest of what the doctor said. It felt like hours but in reality it was probably one hour.

Joseph was allowed to say his goodbyes to you, hold your hand one last time and to kiss your forehead one last time.

Then the doctors asked him if the wanted to see his child, your child that had survived just like it happened before. Joseph nodded, telling his siblings that he wanted to meet his child alone.

Joseph knew that this wasn't fair, he was a family orientated man. Even though he loved the family he had he wanted to extend that family, he wanted his own child and to truly be a father. He wondered how the God that he devoted his life too could be so cruel, taking away the one thing he wanted from him for the second time in his life.

Joseph's steps were slow but somewhat steady as he approached the newborn child. More tears rolled down his cheeks as he looked at the familiar scene, the tiny bundles with little tubes attached to it. He sat beside the baby, and placed his hand on their head gently, stroking their head lovingly and sweetly. He smiled so softly at the baby, choking back the sob that threatened to escape him.

"Your mother would've been perfect with you, she would have cared for you so well because she cared for me everyday" Joseph whispered. "She would want me to raise you in her memory but I don't think I can do this without her" he admitted, almost ashamed of himself.

Joseph knew that he couldn't do this alone, he couldn't the first time and he couldn't now. But then he remembered that he wasn't alone any more, he had his brothers and his sister, they would make amazing role models for his child.

He knew that he had a choice to make. It was up to Joseph whether his happened exactly like it did last time or if he made a different decision and use the help of his siblings.

Requests?