Staci Pratt X Reader

Word Count: 711

You were one of Jacob's soldiers, not by choice may you add. You had been captured not too long ago and fought to survive, earning you a spot in Jacob's ranks. You were low down, nearly the bottom of the food chain. Your job was to tend to the captives.

That's where you met Staci Pratt, or peaches as Jacob called him. At first he was strong, he fought back, he shouted and threw insults at the other men and even Jacob. But just like Jacob did, he broke the poor man. You felt bad for him, Jacob had been extra cruel to him.

You were the only person to show Pratt any kindness, so he warmed up to you quick. Now that he was so broken, he had taken a really strong liking to you. You were the only good thing he could clearly remember now.

"Hey Pratt...how you feeling?" you asked as you stepped into his cage, Jacob had thrown him there for the night. He had a few new cuts and bruises over his body and that made you frown.

"I said...you can call me Staci..." he reminded you, he was sitting on the ground and leaning backwards against the far wall of the cage.

"Sorry" you apologised and crouched down in front of him. "I'm also sorry that he does this to you" you sighed, gently touching your fingers to the dark bruise under his eye, frowning when he flinched and hissed slightly.

"Rook will come...Rook will get me out..." he nodded, more like he was trying to convince himself more than you.

"I know they will, Pratt" you smiled, using your sleeve to clean the blood on his face.

"Please...call me Staci" he looked at you with wide, pleading eyes.

"Why is it so important that I call you Staci?" you asked, wiping your sleeve covered thumb over his bleeding lip.

"...I don't want to forget my name" he spoke quietly, making your heart break.

"You won't forget it, Staci, I won't let you" you assured him, cupping his cheek gently and smiling softly at him.

"You're kind...too kind to be here" Pratt told you, surprising you by suddenly reach towards you and grabbing your shoulders.

"That's why I'm going to get out of her one day. I know I am" you nodded, you didn't want to stay here either, you hated it here.

"You can come with me. I'll tell Rook about you, who you are, and we will get out together" he promised you, moving his hands to cup your face in both of his hands.

"Staci, you get out of here as soon as you can. I can look after myself, don't worry about-" you tried to reassure him but he shook his head.

"No! No, no, no...you have to come with me. Please. Please come with me. I need you. You care. You are the only one who cares" Staci begged you, pulling you forward and resting his fore head against yours.

"Okay...okay...I'll come with you. You just need to calm down" you nodded, trying to shush him as you wiped away his tears with your thumbs.

"Thank you...thank you...thank you" he practically sobbed as he buried his face in the crook of your neck. You combed your fingers through his dirty hair and kissed the top of his head tenderly. You lifted your head when you heard movement outside of the cases.

"I've got to go" you frowned as you pulled away and stood up, the last thing you needed was being caught with a captive like this. As you walked away, Pratt reached up and grabbed your wrist. "Staci, I have to go but I'll come back. We will get out of here" you promised him. He nodded and let go of your wrist, letting you leave the cage and walk away.

Once you were out of sight he pulled his knees up to his chest and buried his face in his arms. "We will get out...we will get out...we will be safe...we will have watch other....we will be safe...I...I...I...we will get out..." he muttered to himself as he rocked back and forth, sobbing into his arms until he tired himself out and feel into a restless sleep.

Requests?