Joseph Seed: Lost

Joseph Seed X Reader

Just a little Drabble

Word Count: 470

You weren't sure how you found yourself here again. Staring at the white wooden doors of the church.

You weren't particularly religious but you had lost your way, you didn't even know who you were anymore. You felt lost, you felt as if you didn't know where to go in your life anymore, and that's when people usually turn to God...right?

But for, what felt like, the hundredth you turned back around and walked away from that church. Something always stopped you from walking through those doors.

"Why do you keep returning here, Child?" a smooth voice came from behind you, making you turn back to the church. There stood the infamous preacher, Joseph Seed, The Father, in the center of the open church doors. You must have been too lost in your thoughts to have heard the doors open.

"I was just passing by" you lied, looking at him. Something about him seemed so soothing even from this far away.

"I've seen you. You come here often but you never stay. This is the second time you've come her this week alone" he told you like you didn't already know how many times you have come and gone from the land in front of his church.

"...I don't know why I'm here" you admitted.

"My Child, I was like you once. I was lost, I was blind, but God showed me the way. He showed me the truth. People come to me when they are lost and when they are blind, so that I can show them the path that God showed me. You are here for a reason, something greater brought you here" Joseph spoke, beginning to approach you now. You didn't feel threatened as he stood in front of you, you felt comforted somehow.

"I don't know if 'something greater' brought me here..." you shook your head, you never believed in fate or anything like that.

"But you are here for a reason, whether you know it or not. What is your name?" Joseph asked and for some reason that you couldn't even truly explain, you told him your name. "Please, Y/N, come in and let me help you" he smiled warmly and took your hands in his.

Everything about this man made you want to trust him, everything about him felt safe and warm, it felt comfortable. It almost felt like home.

You nodded slightly and let him guide you towards the familiar church. You felt nervous as you got closer and closer to those open doors, but as soon as you stepped through the threshold you felt like a weight was lifted off of your shoulders.

"Welcome to the Project at Eden's Gate" Joseph welcomed you as he closed the church doors behind you both.

"Thank you...Father"

You didn't know what to believe in or who to believe in. You didn't believe too much in God but perhaps you could believe in Joseph. Perhaps he could show you the way.

Requests?