They Love the Deputy, not you

Request: The Seeds are best friends with the reader who has feelings for them, but they have feelings for the Deputy and the day the reader tries to confess their feelings the Seeds announce that the Deputy has surrendered on the account that they are dating. Bonus points if the reader stops being friends/grows apart from the seeds.

Joseph Seed-

You have known Joseph for a long time, you were one of the first people to join his church, more due to the fact that you were best friends rather than you actually believing when he preached. You stood by his side the whole time, through the good and the bad, he would even come to you for advice on his church or his sermons. It's not very surprising that you had fallen in love with him over this time. He was always so kind and affectionate towards you, making you smile and blush, he could cheer you up when no one else could. All of this gave you a small feeling that he liked you back. You knew that he wouldn't stop talking you just because you were in love with him, even if he didn't love you back he would forgive you and still be your best friend.

So you decided that you would confess your feelings to him, needing to get it off of your chest. But just before you could tell him how you truly felt, he came in with the biggest smile on his face and told you that he had the most amazing news. Of course you smiled and told him to tell you whatever it was, getting excited with him. Then he told you that the Deputy had left the resistance and was joining the Project because they were now dating, that they were in love. Your smile fell and you couldn't even react as he wrapped his arms around you and hugged you, talking about how great this was, but all you could focus on was the way it was killing you inside. When he puled away, you put a fake smile on your face and listened to him telling you about how it happened but you couldn't focus on his words.

Soon the Deputy moved into the compound, they seemed to always be by Joseph's side, there was a special part in the Project for them. Of course you spent less and less time with the man you loved as he spent more and more time with the Deputy that he loved. It killed you to see them together, when he asked for their advice and not yours. You just couldn't bare it. You and Joseph started to drift apart, he never seemed to have the time for you anymore and you just couldn't be around him if you had to watch him with the person that you vowed to take down together.

Jacob Seed-

You and Jacob had been so close for a very long time, he always put you above everyone else, you were as important to him as his family was. He was everything to you, he protected you, he taught you everything that you knew, he taught you to fight and shoot. Jacob never let anyone get close to him but he let you see his every vulnerability and he saw you in your most vulnerable moments, you were always there for each other and you always thought about each other no matter what you were doing. Maybe this was why you thought that he liked you back. You truly loved him and it almost physically hurt to not tell him, so you decided that you had to be honest.

Before you could tell him how you truly felt, he told you that he had to tell you something. You weren't sure what to expect because he wasn't showing any clear emotion. Then you understood why he wasn't expressing much emotion, he didn't know how you would react. He told you that the Deputy had left the resistance and was joining the Project because they were now dating, that they were in love. You didn't react at all, just stared at him like you were waiting for him to tell you that it was all a joke but he never did. You just lied, told him that this would take some time to get used to but you were happy for him. The biggest lie you ever told, because this was killing you inside.

The Deputy moved in with Jacob, but you remained his right hand man. At least at first you did. He still ran everything by you, trained with you, but then things began to change. He spent more time with the Deputy, running everything by them and training with them. You were still left to your duties but you were left to do them alone, which wasn't common since Jacob was pretty much always with you. You knew that this was going to happen, that the Deputy would take you place, you felt stupid for even thinking like that. You loved Jacob but you couldn't keep pretending that this wasn't bothering you, so decided to move on, take a step up without him. You talked to John, and moved over to region to train the men there by yourself. Something with in you was pretty sure that Jacob didn't even notice your absence around the veteran center.

John Seed-

John was your best friend, had been for a long time. You shared everything with each other, you knew everything about each other. You fell for him just like everybody else did, of course you did, he was extremely attractive and charming. But you loved him for so much more than that, you loved him for the little things, for his little quirks that nobody else would notice, how he overcame his past, for his ridiculous sense of humor. You were extremely close friends, you flirted playfully with each other all the time but it was just in a friendly and playful manner, you knew that he meant nothing by it which hurt you ever so slightly. You wondered whether you should tell him how you feel, you didn't want to freak him out and ruin a perfect friendship. But in the end you decided that you had to tell him, maybe some of his flirting actually meant something.

But before you could tell him how you truly felt, John walks into the room with a huge smile and slightly reddened cheeks. You couldn't help but smile along with the cheerful look on his face. He pulled you into a hug before sitting down with you, then he just blurted out that the Deputy had left the resistance and was joining the Project because they were now dating, that they were in love. You didn't even have time to react before he jumped to his feet and went to get something to celebrate. It killed you as he rambled on about the Deputy and their new relationship, but you weren't listening to a word he said, you couldn't because you actually felt a little bit sick.

It was far too soon when John moved the Deputy into the ranch. It didn't take long for John to start spending more time with the Deputy than with you, you spent much less time at the ranch, you spent far less time with John all together. It hurt when you saw John flirting with women around Hope County but you knew that it didn't mean anything so it didn't bother you too much, but it was so different with you saw him with the Deputy because you knew that he loved them more than he loved you. It was like they couldn't keep their hands off of each other and that destroyed you. You knew that you had to think about yourself now, to look after yourself, so you stopped trying to visit him, you stopped calling him first. Eventually you stopped talking all together. It was just too painful for you to see him with them when you still loved him so deeply.

Faith Seed-

Faith was your best friend, and she was the most amazing best friend that anyone could ask for. You did everything together and spent almost all of your time together. Your favorite moments were when she missed you and she would run at you and jump into your arms, both of you falling to the ground while laughing and hugging each other. She was so sweet and gentle and perfect, you couldn't even blame yourself for falling in love with her. You knew everything about each other and every little secret each of you had, that's why you thought that she wouldn't freak out if you told her that you liked her, or even that you were in love with her. Plus the optimistic part of you thought that she could love you back.

You just gathered enough courage to tell her and you were just about to but before you could tell her how you truly felt, she asked if she could tell you something absolutely perfect. Of course you said yes, that's when she told you that the Deputy had left the resistance and was joining the Project because they were now dating, that they were in love. You let your shock show, she couldn't blame you for being surprised, but you hid the pain on your face. You faked a smile and pretended to be happy for her. You felt selfish for wishing that her and the Deputy had never met but you also knew that it was a completely normal reaction to this.

The Deputy moved in with Faith and they seemed like the perfect, most adorable and loving couple. It killed you because they looked the way that you used to look together, walking together by the lake while lost in conversation. At first Faith invited you to hang out with her and the Deputy, but never just the two of you anymore. You just knew that you couldn't do this anymore, you couldn't sit there and pretend that everything was alright and that nothing had changed when you felt like you were dying inside when ever you saw them together. You were going to try to distance yourself from the woman you loved to avoid any more pain, but apparently you didn't have too because she seemed so busy with the Deputy that she didn't have the time to notice the sadness in your eyes or even remember to call you every now and again. Knowing that the woman you love doesn't love you back hurt like hell, but what really destroyed you was loosing your best friend because she seemed to forget about you.

Requests?