Nick Rye X Fem!Reader

Summary: After the conftontation with John Seed in the church, you help Nick take care of his wounds.

(I love Kim but for purposes of this oneshot, they aren't together XD)

Word Count: 1500

You had been pacing back and forth in Nick's living for what felt like forever. You had been at the church when the Deputy confronted John. You had seen John whisper in Nick's ear and you still didn't know what he said, but Nick had looked straight at you before turning back to John and telling him that he would atone. You then saw John cut out a whole portion of Nick's flesh with the word 'Greed' carved on it, before he stapled to the wall like it was artwork to be proud of. This sight had made you feel sick but not as sick as what happened next.

The Deputy attacked John but the Baptist escaped to his plane. You had rushed over to Nick to see if he was alright but he was already climbing to his feet.You told him to take it easy and to calm down but he insisted on going after John, even in his current state.

Nick told you to wait at his home, he said that as soon as he took down John he would come back to you. You knew that Nick was an excellent pilot but so was John Seed, and you didn't know what you would do with yourself if something happened to Nick. Nick has been your best friend for a long time and for a while you had realised that your feelings for him go much deeper than friendship.

When you heard the familiar sound of Nick's beloved plane landing outside, you ran for the door and ran down to the hanger as fast as your legs would carry you. "Nick Rye! You stupid bastard" you shouted as you ran towards him and he climbed out of the plane, beginning to walk towards you. "I thought you were dead, I was so worried about you. You were in no condition to fly" you scolded him, punching him in the shoulder once you stood in front of him.

"Hey, Y/N, I'm alright" Nick assured you, gently grabbing your wrists in his hands to stop you from hitting him again.

"Alright? Nick, I was scared shitless" you admitted, frowning when you saw the blood that was staining his shirt.

"I know, I'm sorry. I had to help Dep, I had to kill that son of a bitch John Seed" he explained and you could hear the hatred dripping from his words when he said the Baptist's name. Nick carefully wrapped his arms around you and pulled you towards him, letting you bury your face in his chest (while being careful to avoid his fresh wound) and tangling his fingers in your hair. He rested his cheek on the top of your head before you pulled away.

"You're still bleeding, it must hurt a lot" you whispered, staring at the bloody patch on his shirt.

"Hurts like a bitch" he confessed, chuckling slightly.

"Come on" you shook your head, grabbing his arm as you led him towards the house. You hated the way he flinched or hissed when his wound stung, you were amazed that he was even still walking considering the amount of pain he must be in. You figured that the adrenaline was what kept him standing.

Once you got back to the house, you ushered him towards the sofa and made him sit down. Nick watched as you disappeared into the kitchen, only to return seconds later with a medkit. You walked over to him, kneeling down in front of him as you placed the medkit beside you and opened it. "Do you mind?" you asked a little awkwardly, gesturing to his shirt.

Nick wasn't bothered as he slipped off his red shirt, placing it beside him before taking his cap off and placing it on top of the red shirt. He winced slightly as he pulled off his tee shirt, letting the bloody material fall to the ground. You only frowned when you saw the wound on his chest, how could somebody do that to someone?

You took a damp cloth and began to wipe away the blood that had dried on his chest and stomach. "John Seed was a fucked up man" you muttered, shaking your head at the blood soaked cloth in your hand.

"Yeah well, we ain't got to worry about him anymore" Nick promised you, smiling softly as he watched you work.

"Yeah, thanks to you. You're like a hero" you teased him, throwing the bloody cloth in the trash knowing that you probably wouldn't be able to get the blood out of it.

"Nah, I was all Dep" he shook his head, chuckling slightly.

"Dep couldn't have done it with you. You're a bad-ass Nick, just accept it" you chuckled, surprising yourself that you could still joke around while Nick was in such a state. Maybe it was John's death that had put you both in such a relaxed mood. "Alright, this is going to hurt" you warned him as you grabbed the alcohol. You wished that there was a better way to clean the wound and prevent infection but there was nothing else in the house.

You poured some alcohol onto a new, clean, cloth before pressing it against the wound. "Holy cra-" Nick hissed as he grabbed the sofa cushion in his hands.

"Sorry" you apologised sincerely as you removed the cloth and threw that in the trash as well.

"It's alright" he assured you as the pain subsided, his hand landing on your shoulder while be composed himself.

"I'm just going to bandage your chest and you should be alright. If the Peggies can survive it, you definitely can" you smiled as you grabbed the bandage and stood up. Nicked remained seated as you began to wrap the bandages around his chest. You weren't a professional but you were doing your best.

Nick watched you intently as you focused on bandaging his chest. Whenever you got this close to him he would loose his train of thought and couldn't focus on anything other than you. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" you asked, smiling at him with amusement in your voice. Nick blushed slightly as he looked away from you.

"Nothing. I'm just glad that you are here, I don't know what I would do if I came back and you weren't here" he confessed, making you smile.

"Of course I'm here. I was waiting for you to get home. I couldn't even sit down, I was worried sick that somebody else was going to walk through that door and tell me that something had happened to you" you sighed, closing the medkit and sitting beside him on the sofa.

There was a moment of silence, neither of you really knew to say and both of you just wanted to enjoy the peace of them moment. "Nick...before John...did that to you, he whispered something in your ear. What was it?" you asked. The scared and sad look in Nick's eyes when he looked at you in that church was something that you would never forget, but you were curious about what made him so scared and so sad.

"He said that if I didn't atone he would...he would hurt you. I couldn't let that happen, I would never let that son of a bitch touch you" Nick told you, shaking his head and you could hear him getting angry at just the memory of the whole ordeal.

You weren't sure what to say, Nick suffered to protect you. "Thank you..." you breathed, you didn't think that just thanking him was enough but it was all you could do. You turned your head to look at him but saw that he was already looking at you.

You didn't have anytime to process what was happening before Nick had his lips pressed against yours. You needed a moment to process the fact that Nick was kissing you but you soon kissed him back, lifting your hands you tangle your fingers in his hair. When you responded to the kiss, Nick placed both of his hands on either side of your waist. You wrapped your arms around his neck as you pulled him closer to you, only able to smile into the kiss as your back was slowly lowered down onto the sofa and Nick hovered over you.

Nick pulled away from you, resting his forehead against yours. "I love you" he whispered, not sure about how you would react to his confession but the recent events had reminded him that life is short and he didn't want to waste another moment with you not knowing how he feels.

"I love you too" you smiled at him, loving the way that the words sounded so right as they were shared between you both.

Nick smiled like a child on Christmas before kissing you again, his giddiness making you laugh softly against his lips before kissing him back.

Requests?