Jacob Seed X Fem!Reader

Request: you were in the war with Jacob and are reunited with him in Hope County

L/N = Your Last Name

Word Count: 1072

Life hadn't exactly been easy since you left the army, since you became a veteran, after being deemed unfit to serve. Admittedly you were angry at your government, like a few other veterans you knew. You fought for your country then they told you that you couldn't fight even though that's what you wanted to do. You didn't have family, so the people you met in the army were your family, the people that you could rely on. But war is merciless, some friends died, others left the life behind, others were discharged like you.

You remember the man you looked up too, the man you eventually became very close too. He was kind despite his rough exterior, you actually member him giving his food rations to the starving children, you remember how much that warmed your heart, you had shared your ratios with the man then. That man was Jacob Seed. He had also been deemed unfit to serve due to server PTSD, you were later discharged for the same reason.

When Jacob left, it hurt you. You two trusted each other more than anyone. When he came back after being getting lost with Miller, you were the only one who he was honest with. He told you what happened and what he did, of course it was a lot of information to take in but you didn't judge him. If anything, you tried to comfort him.

Now you were trying to find somewhere to go or belong. Some people might call it fate but you decided to move to Montana, Hope County to be precise. You just wanted somewhere quiet to live out the rest of your life, the city life just wasn't for you. You figured that if you couldn't fight, you could at least hunt.

You moved into the Whitetail Mountains, preferring the terrain over the one in Holland Valley or Henbane River. You could live a comfortable life there. You knew that there was a veteran centre nearby and, even though you knew that they couldn't help you, you wanted to see if you could volunteer or something.

When you walked up to the gate, you knew something was wrong. There were soldiers pacing the grounds. Not veterans. Soldiers with guns and uniforms with a strange symbol on it. When you walked through the gates, you watched a group of soldiers walked past the building. Then another group began walking towards you, obviously cautious about the new face approaching the building.

The soldiers quickly surrounded you, and one shouted something about 'getting the boss' before running off. A man grabbed you from behind and held your wrists behind your back. You fought against him but only to get your arms into a comfortable position, you knew that you wouldn't survive if you tried to run.

The soldier who ran off returned, but not alone. Next to him was a familiar face, a familiar sight of red hair and a scratchy beard. The tall man was almost the same as you remembered him. Some of the scars and rashes were the ones that he obtained during the war, but some were new. He was just as tall and broad as you remembered him, he was still wearing his army jacket and dog tags. It made you smile a little because you still wore your dog tags proudly around your neck.

You knew that he recognised you, you could see it in his eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes were just as blue as you remembered them, but the circles around them were darker. That made your chest ache more than it should have.

You watched the man approach you, not flinching away when he reached towards you and took your dog tags between his fingers. He examined them in silence and you watched his face for some sort of reaction, he was always so hard to read. "L/N..." he hummed, his voice rougher than you remembers, almost reminding you of gravel.

"Seed" you spoke back but you couldn't help the small smile that appeared on your face. Jacob lifted his hand and dismissed the men in one gesture, both of you stood in silence as you watched them walk away.

"Why are you in Montana?" he asked once his men were out of sight.

"Discharged, PTSD. I couldn't hide it as well as I thought I could. Wanted to move somewhere quiet, Hope County is just that" you shrugged. There was a strange feeling in the air, it was familiar but not familiar at all, all at the same time. It was awkward but comfortable, almost felt like home.

"I found them...my brothers. Well they found me..." Jacob told you and you smiled. You remembered how he used to talk about his little brothers, they meant the world to him. You could tell because his face to light up whenever he mentioned them.

"That's great! What happened to them?" you asked. You knew about their child hood, Jacob had told you everything.

"John became a lawyer just like we said he would, used to do big cases, now he is a little smaller...Joseph began a preacher, got his own church. It's...complicated" he admitted, how do you tell somebody that your brother started a cult and that you lead its army?

"They are all in Hope County?" you asked, happy that he managed to find his brother after all this time.

"Yeah...you can meet them if you want" he nodded and you smiled. That would be nice.

"I would love to meet your brothers, Jacob. But right now I just want to catch up with you...I missed you, y'know?" you admitted, still trying to take in the slightly changed features of his face.

"...I missed you too" Jacob confessed. A short silence fell over you as it became slightly awkward, neither of you were really the emotional type.

"So...you're the boss?" you asked, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"You could say that" Jacob nodded, chuckling lightly and you both glanced around the veteran centre.

"That's quite the promotion, Seed" you teased, punching his arm playfully.

"Come on, let me show you around" Jacob offered, stepping to the side to allow you to walk past him.

"It pays to know the boss" you teased again as you walked further into the grounds, smiling as Jacob placed his hand between your shoulder blades as he gave you the grand tour.

Requests?