Nick Rye X Reader

Summary: You finally tell Nick that you are afraid of flying. 

Word Count: 1280

You had known Nick for a long time now, been best friends for just as long, and started dating a few months ago. You had worked hard on keeping your secret but it was getting harder and harder. You were afraid of flying, only been on a place once in your life and you had never been so scared. You never wanted to relive that moment again, so you avoided flying. It was easy until Nick started offering to take you out in his plane. You always found a way to get out of it but you were beginning to run out of excuses. 

Nick was out in the hanger while you were in his house, you spent most of your days in Nick's home. You had practically moved in, it just wasn't official. You played around with the radio, skipping right over the Peggie channel until you found a song that you liked. You smiled to yourself before walking over to the sofa and falling down on to it, just waiting for Nick to return. 

As if on cue, Nick came through the front door with a huge smile on his face. "Hey, Y/N, come with me" Nick said from the doorway. You sat up, turning around to look at him and laughed to yourself when you saw him. He had bright eyes and a huge smile, he looked like an excited puppy. 

"What is it?" you asked as you stood up, walking over to him.

"Just come on" he whined. You just laughed and nodded as you let him wrap his arm around your waist. He pulled you into his chest, giving you a quick kiss before pulling you out of the door. Nick closed the door behind you before taking your hand in his and pulling you towards the hanger.

You had a confused expression on your face but you were still laughing at his excited behaviour. When you finally reached the hanger you saw Nick's beloved place, Carmina, sitting outside of the hanger and you realised what was going on. "I realised that I had never taken you for a ride in Carmina. Every time I planned something you got busy, but you aren't doing anything today so I thought we should try it now" Nick explained as he spun around to face you and took both of your hands in both of his. He walked backwards towards his plane, pulling you forwards with him. 

"Nick I-" you began, trying to think of some reason to why you couldn't go flying with him. You were embarrassed about your fear and you knew that Nick loved flying so much.

"Got her all cleaned up and full of fuel, we could see the whole of Hope County if you want to" he smiled as you both reached the plane.

"Nick, I don't know" you shook your head, pulling your hands back to your sides.

"Why? You got something better to do?" he asked but you could see that he was a little upset that you didn't want to spend time with him, which of course was not the case. 

"Of course not" you sighed, hanging you head. 

"Then lets go" Nick encouraged, turning back to his plane. 

"Nick, just hold on. I've got to tell you something. It's stupid but...I'm afraid of flying. I've only ever flew once and that was when I was visiting my grandparents, even got a coach back it scared me so much" you told him, your cheeks turning a light shade of red from embarrassment. 

"...I thought so, some of your excuses were really lame" Nick nodded, a small smile on his face. Of course he had been suspicious, there was only so many times you had a family emergency exactly when he wanted to go flying. 

"No they weren't!" you gasped, mocking taking offence, as you slapped his chest and laughed.

"Yes they were!" "Look, I love flying. It's nothing to be scared off, if feels like freedom when you are up there. And Hope County is even more beautiful from the sky. I just have a feeling that you are going to love it. Please give it a try, we can land whenever you want"

You paused for a moment and silently cursed him for giving you those puppy dog eyes. "Alright...God, you are lucky that I love you, Nick Rye" you laughed as you leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek. 

"You are going to love this!" Nick's smile only got wider as you both climbed into the plane. 

Your hands were in tight fists and your eyes were screwed shut as you took off, you felt a little more comfortable once you felt the plane level off and start flying in a straight line but you still didn't open your eyes.

"Y/N, relax. Open your eyes, we are right over John Seed's ranch, see if you can spot that son of a bitch" Nick encouraged you and you couldn't help but laugh at what he said. You sighed and nodded before slowly opening your eyes, looking out of the window to see that you were in fact above John's ranch.

"Nick, let's get out of here. This place gives me the creeps" you laughed, just for a moment forgetting that you were even flying. Nick just laughed and nodded before turning the plane around. You panicked a little as the plane tilted but slowly calmed yourself down again. 

"You alright back there?" Nick asked as he looked over his shoulder at you. 

"Peachy" you flashed him a smile as the plane straightened up again. 

Slowly you felt the fear begin to subside. You were amazed by how safe Nick could make you feel when you were flying around in a metal death machine in the god damn sky. But he did make you feel safe, you felt completely safe with him. 

As you both continued your flight, you began to stare out the window with a bright smile. He was right, Hope County really is gorgeous from the sky. During the flight, Nick kept glancing back at you with a smile on his face. He was so glad that you seemed to love it at much as he did.

Nick tried to take you to all of his favourite spots to fly around, the places that he just knew that you would like. By that point you had no fear at all, you were having the time of your life. You could definitely see why Nick loved this so much, you might actually love it just as much too. You would definitely go flying with him again.

Once the flight came to an end, you landed back in the hanger. Nick climbed out of the plane and as you were climbing down, he grabbed you by the waist and lifted you down. "Did you have fun?" Nick asked, wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulled you against his chest. 

"You were right Nick! God, I should have gone flying with you sooner" you laughed as you wrapped your arms around his neck. 

"Yes, you should've. So...this means that you will come flying with me again?" he asked, hope in his eyes. 

"Yeah, I think so" you nodded, smiling at him. Nick just chuckled before leaning down and kissing you. "Let's get back to the house, it's getting dark" you smiled as you pulled away from him, walking towards the house. 

"God damn, I love you" Nick smiled brightly as he threw his arm over your shoulder, pulling you against him. 

"I love you too" you laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist.

Requests?