Part 1: A Potter? In Slytherin? No way!

Lily took in a deep breath as she watched her family disappear from her compartment window. She'd been dreaming about going to Hogwarts since Teddy started, and now she wasgoing. But she couldn't quell the nerves that were fluttering through her stomach. She wasn't used to being away from home for very long. 

"So are you guys excited to join Gryffindor?" James asked happily. He and Fred had been the ones to find an empty compartment for the family. Lily sat by the window, Hugo sat between her and Rose, and James, Fred, and Albus were across from her. The rest of the family had gone off with friends. Honestly, Lily wished that Louis had stayed around. Being the calmest one in the family, she always felt at ease with him. 

Hugo looked a little green as well. "Yeah, I guess," he mumbled. He took in a gulp. "What happens if I don't make it into Gryffindor?" he asked hesitantly. 

"Then we disown you," James answered seriously. But then he and Fred looked at each other and laughed. Lily rolled her eyes.

 "Quit teasing them!" Rose scolded. She turned toward her brother. "If you don't make it, then you don't make it. It doesn't matter. You're still our family."

 "Yeah, we'll still love you," James assured with a smile. 

"Besides," Albus told them, "I was afraid of the same thing. And I'm a Gryffindor." 

"And you two are the most Gryffindor-like of us all," Rose told her brother. 

"Yeah, every Potter has been a Gryffindor, and only a few Weasleys have ever been in any house other than Gryffindor. Even Teddy was a Gryffindor!" James bragged. 

"And while we're on the subject of newcomers," Fred spoke, "Rose and Albus, how excited are you about finally being able to go to Hogsmeade?"

 Albus grinned. "It's going to be awesome!"

 "You're only so excited because you two never snuck out there with us," James teased. 

Rose gave him a stern look. "You two could have been caught." 

Lily sighed and looked out the window next to her. The argument droned on, but she ignored it. Before she ever got her letter, Lily always gushed and imagined how she would be a Gryffindor, just like her parents. She had dreamed about planning pranks with her brother in the Gryffindor common room. But she started to worry once she received herletter. Lily started to think about her traits and personality, and now she was no longer sure if she would be a Gryffindor. She liked to think she was smart, that she was fair,and that she was resourceful. Those were all traits of different houses. But when she had told Hugo her fear, he pointed out that she was more brave and loyal than anything else.Sadly, this didn't completely quiet her fears. 

The trolley came to their compartment around noon. Lily bought a few Chocolate Frogs. She ate the frogs and threw the cards to Hugo. He was a faithful collector, so she gave him any card Lily got. But soon Lily grew restless and had to leave the compartment to stretch her legs. She rejected the offers of others to go with her. She wanted to just walk and maybe find Louis.

 Louis was one of the rare Weasleys to not make it into Gryffindor. Last year he was sorted into Ravenclaw, but he seemed very proud of it. He didn't care at all that he wasn't in Gryffindor like the rest of the others. From what Lily was told, he was very popular in his house, so she wasn't surprised to find him in a compartment that was full of other Ravenclaws. Some were even older than he was, but he seemed to be the center of the group. She started to turn, but the door opened behind her, and Louis stood there.

 "Hey, Lil!" he greeted. She could see the others all peering out to see her. She could also hear whispers about the 'youngest Potter'. "What's up?" Louis asked. He ignored thewhispers and everyone else behind him.