Part 18: Who said summer school wasn't fun?

Lily blinked as the sunlight poured in through her window. She sat up in her bed and stretched out her arms. Then she smiled. It had just begun, but it already felt like a wonderful morning. She threw off her covers and skipped into her bathroom to get ready for her day.

The wedding had been almost a week ago, and ever since her day with Lysander two days later, Lily couldn't stop smiling. It had been the best day of her summer. They'd had so much fun, and ever since, Lysander had been sending letters to her, and she sent letters back. She would never admit it, but her heart fluttered with every letter. She couldn't wait to see him again!

"Good morning, princess," Harry greeted when Lily sat at the kitchen table.

"Morning, Daddy," Lily greeted back. She grabbed the cereal box on the table, noticing the absence of her mother. "Where's Mum?"

"She's in the study. She's working on an emergency article for the Prophet," Harry replied, reading his morning copy of the paper. "Your brothers are out as well. James had to work, and I guess that Albus is going to see if George can give him a job."

Lily almost rolled her eyes. Like she cared about her brothers. She poured milk into her cereal, and then took her first bite. "So, what have you got planned for today?" she asked.

"Oh, same as always. Work, filing, paperwork, reading reports, so on and so on," Harry said with a smile. "How about you, sweetheart?"

Lily shrugged. "I don't know. I'll figure out something to do with my day."

"Well you could always go do work for me," Harry joked.

Lily giggled. "Yeah, I love paperwork," she said with sarcasm. Harry laughed too. Lily sighed. What would she do? She could always go upstairs and fiddle around with her potion kit. That was always fun. IThatsounded perfect for a quiet day. So she finished her bowl, put it in the sink, and then hurried upstairs. She pulled the potion book that Slughorn had given her out from her bookshelf. She closed her eyes, and then randomly opened a page. Elixir to Induce Euphoria. Lily looked over the needed ingredients. She had some, but she was missing the wormwood. She didn't have enough, not to mention she was missing the castor beans.

Lily sighed and closed the book. She wrote down a list of what she needed, and then stuck it in the book. Then she grabbed the tiny bag off of her desk, and stuck the book inside. Just inin casehe decided to make another potion she could then look up what she'd need. Then she grabbed the small case with her money in it, ad put it in the bag as well. She ran down the stairs, checking to see if her father was still in the kitchen. Thankfully, he was still reading the paper.

"Hey, Daddy, I'm going to go to Diagon Alley. I need to buy a few things," Lily told him.

Harry glanced up at her. "Ok, sweetheart. I'll tell your mum."

"Thanks, Dad," Lily said as she hurried to the fireplace.

*************************************

Lily bit her lip as she scanned the shelves at Slug & Jigger's Apothecary. She'd found the wormwood and castor beans, now she was just searching for things she didn't have.

"Ah! Miss Potter! How wonderful to see you here."

Lily turned around to see Professor Slughorn standing behind her, a bag in his hand. "Oh. Professor. What are you doing here?"

He held up his bag. "Oh, just buying a few items."

Lily grinned. "Same here. I thought I'd practice my potion work since I have nothing to do this summer."