Part 72: An outside victory

Lily sighed as she stepped into the common room. The first class of the day had ended, which meant that for Slytherins and Gryffindors, it was time for Potions. And for Lily, that meant a free period. It was a little weird to think about, and she already kind of missed helping to teach the others. She had talked big against Brunt, but she had also gotten attached to teaching the others. And now, she didn't know what to do with herself.

"Hey, Lily Lu! What are you doing back here? Forget something?" Mitch asked as he walked toward her.

Lily shook her head. "No. I'm not allowed to help teach my Potions class, so I have a free period now."

Mitch raised a brow. "Heyes boot ya?"

"Basically," she said with a sigh. She brought a hand up to fix her ponytail a little. "I left Slughorn to tell them. I'm hoping they don't do something like Leighton did after the paper came out."

"You got a plan to get back at them?" Mitch asked with a chuckle.

"Nope. Verbally, I've said enough, to them and to the public. As demanded by my friends and boyfriend, I'm taking a break," Lily replied.

Mitch laughed. "Well, that's probably a good thing." Then he sighed. "Well, I'm off to meet Dom in the library. You should go on up to our dorm. I think someone would be really glad to see ya," he said with a sly grin. Then with a salute, he left the common room.

Lily turned her head to look at the stairs leading the dorms. She completely forgot that Scorpius had a free period at this time as well. She immediately made a beeline for the stairs. She didn't really care if the other boys were up there as well. Although, she had the feeling that Scorpius was there alone if Mitch was urging her up there.

Lily knocked tentatively on the door instead of just walking in. She waited eagerly for a response.

"Come in," a muffled voice called to her. Lily was happy to hear Scorpius's voice. She opened the door and stepped inside, closing it behind her. She looked over to see Scorpius laying on his stomach, some kind of book or magazine in front of him. "Lana, we've told you a dozen times that you don't have to knock," Scorpius muttered.

Lily bit her lip to keep from grinning as she walked closer to him. "So, does that mean I don't have to knock either?" she teased.

Scorpius jumped, and his head whirled around to look at her, his eyes comically wide. "Lily!" He shot up from where he sat, and pulled the magazine behind his back. "What are you doing in here?"

Lily smiled openly now. "I have a free period. What do you have?" she mocked, motioning to the magazine behind him.

Lily was surprised to see a bit of pink on Scorpius's cheeks. "What? Nothing? Just a Quidditch magazine. Nothing important," he said quickly.

Lily moved so that she was standing right in front of him. "Then show me. Let me see," she teased.

Scorpius gulped. "It's really nothing."

Lily raised a brow. "Really?" It took all her willpower not to laugh at his panic and flustered face. She reached up to smooth down his hair, then cupped his cheek. "If you say so," she murmured. Then she brought his head down and pressed her lips against his.

Lily felt one of his hands moved to rest on her hip and pulled her closer. Lily moved her hands to his shoulders, and then trailed them up and down his arms. And when she knew she had only one shot . . .

"Hey!" Scorpius protested as Lily pulled the magazine out of his hand. He reached for it, but Lily backed up and took a look at the cover.

"Witch Weekly?" Lily commented. "Why this magazine?" She looked up teasingly at him, but Scorpius wasn't looking at her. Lily looked back at the magazine, but then noticed the bent corner, saving a page. Immediately, she flipped to it. Then she felt her own light blush.