Part 35: Crossing the line

Lily hesitated as she looked at the outfit laid out in front of her. She'd been in Ireland for a couple of days now, and it had been great. She and Scorpius had taken a fly each morning, but had yet to go swimming, something that Astoria had pointed out to them. Every day after dinner, Scorpius took her to the meadow, letting them both relax. Lucius Malfoy had barely left them out of his sight, so it was nice to be away from his watchful eyes. But Draco was stealing Scorpius away for part of the day, so Astoria suggested that she could show Lily the types of outfits she would be wearing while working for her. That led to the idea of trying a few on and taking a few pictures.

"Just so you're used to it," Astoria assured.

Lily now stood in her room, staring at the clothes on her bed. It was a white sundress with a deep red bow around the waist. There were no straps, and it looked as if it would end at her knees . . . maybe. There was a white bra laying next, white panties next to that, and white stockings. Why the hell was Astoria trying to make her look like an angel?

Taking her time, Lily slowly changed into the pure outfit. She pulled on the stockings last, and then stopped to look at herself in the full-length mirror. Her hair stood out proud against the pure white color of the dress, flowing down to the bottom of her shoulder blades. She smoothed out the skirt and adjusted the bow. With an exasperated sigh, she walked out of the room and down the hall where Astoria had set up her workshop. She stepped inside to see Astoria toying with a camera.

Astoria glanced up at Lily and smiled brightly. "Lily, you look beautiful! I knew white would be perfect!"

Lily tried not to blush. "Thanks," she mumbled.

"Let's just do something with your hair," Astoria murmured.

"Like what?" Lily asked hesitantly.

"Well, I was actually thinking that the style you usually do would be perfect," Astoria assured as she pulled Lily into a chair.

"You mean a side ponytail?" Lily asked as she felt Astoria's fingers comb through her hair.

"Yes. I think it would look very pretty with this outfit," Astoria told her. "I just need to figure out what scene will go best in the picture."

"What scene are you going for here?" Lily inquired.

"Something . . . angelic. Beauty, relaxing. Majestic," Astoria listed.

A thought popped into Lily's mind at the word 'relaxing'. "I think I might know a place. But I don't know how to get there. I would need Scorpius to lead me there," she told her.

Astoria gave her a hopeful look in the mirror. "Do you think he would?"

Lily shrugged. "You could always ask him."

"Yes, but I'll have to wait until his father is done with him. Why don't we try a different outfit while we wait?" Astoria suggested. "I do have a few other things."

Lily nodded. "Ok. Like what?"

"Well, I do have a bathing suit I was hoping you'd try," Astoria said hesitantly.

Lily sighed. It was probably a two-piece. Not her thing. But Lily held out her hand. "Give it to me."

Astoria smiled broadly. "Oh, thank you! And keep your hair up," she told her. She disappeared behind a rack of clothes, and reappeared with two hangers. She placed them into Lily's hand. "Just change behind the screen."

Lily nodded. She got up from the chair and moved to hide behind the screen in the corner. She undressed and then slipped on the bathing suit. She tied the strings to the top around her neck, and then stepped out from the screen.