Part 48: Which family is mine?

Lily sighed as she looked in her vanity's mirror. She was mainly looking at the reddish, purplish hickey on the side of her neck. It had been there since the night Scorpius took her to his flat for a birthday dinner, three days ago. Luckily, her parents hadn't seen it when she came home. Lily hadn't even noticed it until the next morning. She'd been covering it with makeup every day, waiting with annoyance for it to go away. She told Scorpius about it the day before when he came to get her after work. He had laughed and wanted to see it. She'd smacked him but still took off the makeup to let him see.

Lily quickly covered the hickey back up, and went back to packing her bag. Tonight was the night that she and the others were going to stay at Scorpius's flat. She had told her parents that she was staying at Lola's house for a girls' night, and they had believed her. Lola was coming over soon, after already having dropped her bag off at Scorpius's flat, and then they would leave together, making it look like they were really going to her house. From that point, Lily only knew they would watch Mitch's band perform at some club. The rest of the night was a mystery.

Lily only packed a set of clothes and a couple of other things. She didn't think she'd need much. She dressed in skinny jeans and a black shirt that when off one of her shoulders, and exposed a bit of her midriff.

"Lily!" Ginny called out, "Lola's here!"

Lily quickly slid on her shoes and grabbed her bag, rushing out of her room and down the stairs. Lola was standing in the hall, waiting.

"Hey," Lily greeted.

Lola grinned. "Hey. Ready?"

Lily nodded. "Yeah, just give me a sec." She walked into the kitchen, where her mum was sitting at the table, working on her latest article. Her dad was still at work. "I'll be home tomorrow, Mum," Lily told her.

Ginny looked away from the paper to smile at her daughter. "Ok, sweetheart. Have fun."

Lily kissed her mum's cheek. "I will. Bye!" She reentered the hallway, and motioned for Lola to follow her. "So, we're going to the Leaky Cauldron?" They had to Apparate into Scorpius's flat, since he wasn't connected to the Floo Network.

"Yeah. Scorpius and Lars are there, and they'll take us into his flat," Lola told her.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Lily said teasingly.

Upon Flooing to the Leaky Cauldron, Lily's usual stumble out of the fireplace was caught by Scorpius. He was smirking down at her already.

"Hello there, beautiful," he greeted.

Lily smiled. "Hi."

"Enough of the sap," Lars joked. "Can we go now?" Lola was standing by him, holding his arm, obviously ready.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Ok, ok. Let's go."

Scorpius wrapped his arms around her, and turned. Lily then found herself in his flat, which wasn't empty. Lana and Shannon were sitting on the couch, looking at some magazine, Hunter and Jace were playing Exploding Snap, with Christian as a spectator.

"Where are Mitch and the others?" Lily asked.

"Already at the club getting ready," Scorpius told her. "We should probably be getting over there soon."

"Who's their singer?" Jace asked. "I mean, Will said that his performance at Lil's party was that last."

"I don't know. They've been really tight lipped about who their new singer is," Lars replied.

"Why keep it a secret?" Shannon asked.

"Because they're weird," Lana said flatly.

"Aren't you dating one of them now?" Lars mocked.