Part 20: Don't mess with Slytherin's girl

"So, what are we doing here again?" Lola asked as she looked out at the pitch. The entire Slytherin Quidditch team, plus quite a few other Slytherins, was sitting in the stands of the pitch as the Gryffindor tryouts got ready to start. They, along with a few other kids, were all waiting to watch.

"The team decided that we'd scope out the other teams' tryouts this year," Lily told her. "Scor's new and first decision as captain." Lily looked over at her. "And you just decided to tag along."

"There's Potter down there, looking like a jackass," Dante muttered as he sipped from bottled water.

Lily looked down to see James standing on the grass in a practice uniform, with a clipboard in hand. His brow was furrowed as he looked at the paper. A whistle laid around his neck.

"This is going to be good," Lily muttered as the ones trying out came onto the field.

"Dude! Hugo Boy is trying out!" Jace said with a laugh.

Lily looked out again and saw that it was true. Hugo was coming out onto the field. All of the Slytherin third-years called him Hugo Boy and treated him like a dog. It caught on after Lily had said in front of all of them that he was the Potter boys' puppy.

Christian and Jace both stood up in their seats. Jace cupped his mouth. "Sit, Hugo, sit!" he called out. Then the rest of the third-years stood up and cupped their hands as well, and woofed and howled. The rest of the Slytherins began to laugh, while Hugo glared up at the stands, his face turning cherry red.

"And here's the rest of the Weasley lineup," Mitch said while he laughed. The rest of the family trying out had come out as well, and they all began to glare also. Except for Lucy of course of course. Always the pacifist.

"Alright," Scorpius quieted down the Slytherins. "So, it looks like all Potter is going to do is add little Huey to the team. So it'll be the same thing with one new person."

"I thought Potter was having them all try out again?" Lana asked.

Scorpius rolled his eyes. "Like Potter's going to pick anyone over his family. In his fat head , they're all better Quidditch players than anyone."

Lily snorted. "Yeah, that's why Molly fell off her broom that was a centimeter off the ground," she joked, much to the amusement of the others around her.

Keeper tryouts went first, and everything got a bit more interesting when they all learned that Hugo would be challenging Lucy for the Keeper position.

"Ooo! Tension in the family!" Lars laughed.

Scorpius almost fell off his seat. "Oh, man! How is Potter going to get out of this one?"

Lily watched as the tryout went on. Lucy did very well, worthy of the Keeper position on the Gryffindor team. But Hugo's tryout was worthy of something close to a reserve on a professional Quidditch team. That was no surprise though. It was all Hugo ever played as, and he practiced all the time as a kid.

"That Lucy kid is out," Mitch muttered.

"No chance is she coming back in as a Keeper" Dante laughed.

When Hugo's tryout was done, all of the third-year Slytherins stood up. "Woof, woof!" they barked. James gave them a nasty look, and Lily gave him a small wave and a smile.

When the tryouts had ended, Gryffindors had all gone to shower before being told who made the team. Scorpius had the team huddle closer to listen to him.

"Ok, now, from the looks of it, everyone is the same, except that Potter will probably switch out Lucy for Hugo. And for their new Chaser, he'll probably pick that Tyler Creevey kid. So we have two new tactics to learn. And that Hugo kid is a much better Keeper, so we'll have to up our offense with Chasers," he told them.