Part 30: Punk rock princess

Lily sighed as she began to pack her trunk for her return to Hogwarts. She had new things to bring. A new sweater from Grandma Weasley, the book from Lola, which she had yet to look at, a handheld Talking Mirror from Teddy, a holder for all of her potions from Slughorn, a Falmouth Falcon shirt from Jace, and many other presents. Scorpius had sent her a pretty silver chain, which was now around her neck. The charm was a word in silver also. Princess.

The Scamanders had come over later Christmas day, and Lily had practically ran outside to help her grandpa with the bike. Anything to avoid Lysander. But she'd gotten a gift from both the twins. Lorcan had gotten her a pair of goggles for when she had to play Quidditch in harsh weather, and Lysander had gotten her a box of Chocolate Frogs. She'd been flattered, and thanked both of them. But then she'd rushed back out to the shed.

A knock sounded at her door as she began to close her trunk. "Who is it?" Lily asked.

The door opened behind her. "It's me," Harry announced as he stepped in. She heard the door close.

Lily turned her head back and gave him a half smile. "Hey, Daddy. How's your day off going?" she asked.

"It would be better if I saw more of my little girl," Harry said as he sat down at the edge of her bed.

Lily sighed as she pulled her trunk onto the floor. "Well, we go back to school in two days, so I thought I'd just pack up."

"It feels like I haven't seen you much at all the whole break. You're always up here," Harry commented.

"Well, I am quite fond of my room," she quipped.

"And not me?" her father joked.

Lily sighed again. She should probably get it over with. "Well, you wanted me to stop fighting with the boys. This is the best way," she muttered.

She heard him sigh. "Lily, you know I didn't want you to lock yourself in your room."

"I know. But this just happens to be my method of avoiding a fight," she replied.

"This fighting thing is getting very tiresome, Lily."

"Then talk to your sons, they're the ones that hated me before I could take off the Sorting Hat," Lily said with a scowl. She moved over to her desk and opened a drawer, trying to seem busy.

"They don't hate you," Harry said with a sigh.

"James threatened to attack me. Albus threatened me. James said he didn't have a sister, and said he'd rather Lysander go out with a Squib than me, and -,"

"Wait!" Harry interrupted. Lily slapped a hand over her mouth. "Why would James tell Lysander he'd rather he date a Squib than you?"

Lily began to feel her nerves vibrate, and she began to fidget. "Because he hates me!" she covered.

"Lily," Harry warned.

Lily turned and leaned against her desk, finally looking at him. "Because, I went as Lysander's date to Slughorn's party."

Harry scowled. "My thirteen-year-old daughter is going on dates?"

Lily closed her eyes and groaned. She didn't know what subject she wanted to avoid more. Her dating, or her and her brothers. "Dad, focus, please?" Dating seemed more dangerous.

Harry sighed. "All right, all right. But Albus told me you broke his nose, and that a friend of yours threw James into the lake."

"After Albus threatened me. And James and Albus took a group of friends to attack a friend of mine and were about to throw him into the lake. They beat the heck out of him!" Lily argued. "I'm not starting these fights, Dad! I'm just defending myself! And telling them to stay away from me isn't working!"