Part 54: Full of guilt and full of love

Lily hated the odd feeling that kept clawing her in her gut. Her classes were almost done, which meant that she would be talking with her parents soon. And since her last class today happened to be History of Magic, she had a lot of time to think since she didn't have the focus to listen to Professor Binns.

She hated Brunt with every fiber of her being. She wanted to watch that woman burn, and Lily had promised herself and her friends this morning that she would. No one crossed Lily Luna without getting bit in the ass.

"Lily! Wake up! Class is over!" Lola exclaimed, pushing on Lily's shoulder.

Lily blinked a few times, coming out of her thoughts. She stood up and picked up her bag, her movements on autopilot. Hugo, Jace, and Lola were all waiting for her.

"So, what's your next move, cuz?" Hugo asked as they left the classroom.

"I'm supposed to go straight to the Brown's office. My mum and dad are waiting there, I guess," she muttered.

"Just tell them the truth," Lola told her.

"Aunt Ginny does like brute honesty," Hugo said with a small scoff. He glanced at Lily. "Want me to come with?"

Lily shook her head. "No, I think I need to go this alone." They stopped walking just near the stairs. She sighed. "Well, I'll see you guys later. Hugh, you coming to our common room after dinner?"

Hugo nodded. "Totally. I need help with that Transfiguration essay, so Lola's gunna help me," he replied.

Lily nodded, ignoring her best friend's eager look. "Cool. If I don't come to dinner, I'll see you there."

"Alright. Later, cuz."

"See ya 'round, Lil."

"Good luck, Lily."

Lily watched as the three descended the stairs, and hurried to get onto another set before it moved away from them. Then with another sigh, she turned around and began to walk towards the headmaster's office.

"Hey, Potter!"

Lily tensed at the name, and at the sound of Wilde's voice. Lily turned and glared immediately at her and McLaggen. "What the fuck do you want, Wilde?" she hissed.

"Keep your boyfriend away from Cody and Logan!" Wilde exclaimed angrily.

Although still annoyed and angry, Lily looked at Wilde with suspicion and confusion. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Try to keep your boyfriend's leash a bit tighter. I mean, I didn't think he and his friends were really low enough to jump two fifth years for no reason," Wilde spat.

Lily's mind flashed back to her and Scorpius's argument from the night before. He'd been furious, but it hadn't actually crossed her mind that Scorpius had beaten anyone up. But as Lily thought about it harder, he did slightly hint at it. And his friends? Had he really gotten his friends to jump two boys? And now that she thought more about it . . .

"I didn't see Cody or Murdock in class today," Lily mentioned quietly.

"Yeah, they're resting in the Hospital Wing. They're waiting for their bruises and cuts to fade, and for some of their bones to move back in place," McLaggen sneered.

Lily rubbed her temples. This was too much to deal with today. "Look, I've got to go to the headmaster's office, which is much more important than two little boys getting their asses kicked," she told them. Then without a thought, she brushed by them, walking away.

She sighed as she waited for the gargoyle to move. Another thing to deal with. How to react to Scorpius's actions. The odd thing for Lily was that even though they all seemed to know that Scorpius and the other guys jumped those boys, Scorpius wasn't in trouble. No detentions that she heard of, nothing. Why hadn't those girls or boys ratted him out?