Part 64: The trials of undying love

Lily sat in the corner of the dressing room, where the women of the family had dragged all the girls, and had forced them to try on a multitude of dresses. Lily hadn't been in a good mood since her fight with Scorpius the day before. Unlike Lily expected, Scorpius had stayed at the Burrow to continue helping, but he didn't stay for dinner, and had left without saying a word to her. Lily didn't say anything to him either. Lola had tried to talk to Lily about it, but Lily had dismissed it, not wanting to think about it. But that seemed impossible.

Lysander hadn't done anything to betray Lily's trust. She wouldn't lie and say that it was impossible for him to have feelings for her. But she knew Lysander. He was a gentleman. He was never going to make a move on her while she was dating Scorpius. Scorpius was just being paranoid.

"What the hell are you pouting for? They haven't forced you into those dammed dressing rooms yet," Dominique muttered as she sat next to Lily.

"I'm not pouting," Lily mumbled.

"She and Scorpius had a fight, but she won't say anything about it," Lola said as she came to sit with them. A dress was in her hands, the color ice blue.

"Oh, joyful," Dominique said with a sigh.

"Just leave it alone," Lily warned. Then she looked at Lola. "So, found a dress yet?" When Ginny had insisted that Lola come along to buy a new dress, Lola had told her that she could easily get her parents to send one of her dresses from home. But Lily had demanded she come along too, and told Lola that she would buy whichever dress she wanted.

"Consider it a birthday present," Lily had told her.

"My birthday is in May, Lily," Lola had protested.

"An early present then." Either way, Lily hadn't taken no for an answer.

Now, Lola stood up and showed the dress to Lily. It was very pretty, and Lily knew it would look good on Lola, especially since she had made her hair completely blonde. "That'll look really good on you," Lily told her.

"Really?" Lola inquired. She looked down at it. "You know, it still doesn't feel right to have you buy it for me."

Lily just waved it off. "I want to. I've got a lot more money than I ever know what to do with."

Lola smiled. "Well, thanks." She sat back down. "So, are you ever going to tell me what's wrong with you and Scorpius."

Lily just sighed. "He's just being a baby again, that's all." Lily looked around at the other girls around them, wanting to change the subject. "So, I haven't seen Roxanne around. Where is she?"

"I heard she went back to Hogwarts," Dominique said quietly.

Lily and Lola looked at her. "What for?" Lola asked.

Dominique turned toward them, obviously not wanting to be overheard. "Well, I heard Aunt Angelina talking with others this morning before we left. Apparently Roxanne and Fred had some fight last night, so Roxanne demanded to go back to school. She left this morning before her parents came to the Burrow," she explained.

"Did you hear what the fight was about?" Lily asked.

Dominique shook her head. "No. Victoire yelled for me from upstairs to help her get one of Theo's toys that had rolled under the bed." She rolled her eyes. "Her pregnancy is really starting to hinder her movements again."

"Lily, I think I found one for you!" Fleur called to her.

Dominique rolled her eyes again. "I think they enjoy dressing us like dolls."

Lily sighed and nodded. "I think so too," she muttered as she stood up. She moved to where her aunt Fleur was standing. "What's it look like?" she asked politely.