Part 15: Guilty cheaters can't handle the truth

Lily sighed as she laid back on the grass. It was a beautiful day near the end of April, and she was laying in the grass next to Louis. She rolled her shoulders, wanting to just relax. Her game against Hufflepuff was coming up, and Raven had been working them hard again. Time to relax became rare, so Lily took the time she could to see Louis.

"So, did you hear about James and Fred?" Louis asked suddenly. 

Lily turned her head toward him and raised a brow. "What, did the lovers have another tiff?" she asked snidely. Lately, she couldn't help it. After coming to terms with the fact that her brothers would never accept her House, she couldn't handle talking about them without hiding her sadness with anger. 

Louis ignored her tone. "They got into a huge fight a while back. They aren't even friends anymore. They pretty much hate each other," he told her. 

Lily sat up in surprise. Fred and James? They weren't friends? Lily remembered back to when James had told their parents of a small tiff. Had it been worse than heseem? Ever since Lily could remember, James and Fred had been glued at the hips. They were the best of friends. But then again, Lily thought sadly, she and James had been close, and look at them now."What happened?" she asked, her voice calm now. 

Louis shrugged. "No idea. They've been pretty tight-lipped about it."

Lily laid back on her back again, her mind reeling from this shocking news. "Wow. I never thought that Fred and James would split." 

"Yeah. Lately, Fred has been studying for his O.W.L.s, and James is hanging with a different crowd of people and strutting around the halls," Louis told her. 

Lily had seen that. She was always surprised to see Fred in the library, and it was hard to miss James arrogantly walking through the castle. "Why is Fred studyingwondered aloud. 

"No clue. Probably the only way that he could avoid James. James has barely cracked open a book apparently," he relied on. 

Lily hesitated, but then finally relented. "What about the others?" she muttered. 

"Well, Molly has practically been living in the library. I swear she has a room in there." Lily laughed. "And, Lucy and Roxy have been normal. Albus has been a bit dstill hanging around James, so he's starting to act just like him. Rose has still been trying to keep everyone in line. And Dominique's been going through boys like CAnd it's never anyone that the others like." 

"Do you like the ones she picks?" Lily asked. 

"Well, I won't say I approve, but I have no problems with who she dates. It's her business," Louis mumbled. 

"Is there a reason she's acting like a . . . ?" Lily trailed off, not wanting to upset Louis with a rude name to his sister. 

Louis snorted. "No idea. I think she's just trying to rebel." 

Lily gave a nod. "And what about you? Does anyone interest you?" 

Now he laughed. "Nah. I like when it's just me. Girls are still icky," he joked. 

Lily rolled her eyes. "Boys," she teased. 

Louis scoffed. "Girls," he retorted with a smile. 

Lily found herself in the library just an hour before curfew. She was browsing through the shelves, looking for a good potion book. She'd decided to find a book to eand a potion book seemed like the best idea. Better than reading about goblin rebellions, she thought as she passed another book on the subject. 

"Potions, potions," she mumbled quietly. 

"Wrong section," a dull voice said from behind her. 

Lily jumped, startled, and turned around. She was surprised to find Fred standing behind her, a book in his hand as well. "Fred! You scared me half to death!" Lily chided, ignoring the fact that they no longer liked each other.