Part 6: The Quidditch cup tension

Lily sighed as she sat in a compartment with Lola and Jace. They were all on their way back to Hogwarts. The rest of Christmas Break had been relatively quiet forhad been started, and Lily mostly just hung around Louis during Christmas. Lily had gone back to her grandparents' house more often so that she could help her grbike. It was turning out to be a lot of fun, even if they hardly knew what they were doing. 

But Lily was happy to be back on the train, and was very happy to see both of her friends again. She'd sent them both a gift, sending Lola a set of potions for her halways complained about it in the morning, and then she sent Jace a big box of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products. The gifts she got back were fantastic. Lola hadgreen journal, which Lily had taken to using several times a week. And Jace had sent her a new portable wireless, and Lily had taken to listening to it every chancehad it playing in their compartment as soon as the train had left. 

But Lily's favorite gift she'd gotten from a friend was what she was wearing now. It was a headband with a lily attached to the side. The lily was a pale white, and tcolor changed every few minutes. But that wasn't all. With the headband, she'd also gotten a little stuffed, silver snake. Lily loved them, and had sent Scorpius Malgreat in return. She'd sent him a very elegant, forest green silk jacket. And as a bonus, she had gone to Madam Malkin's, and had her stitch a silver snake on the back.

"I'm not sure if I wanna go back to school," Jace mumbled. 

"You know they're just going to pack homework onto us before the exams." 

"I doubt it will be that hard," Lola said with a roll of her eyes. 

"For smart people," Jace countered. "But I'm practically failing half of my classes." 

"Don't worry, Jace," Lily assured, "we'll make sure you get through it."

 "Speak for yourself," Lola muttered, flipping to the next page of her magazine.Lily bit back a laugh at the glare Jace sent toward Lola. But an argument was saved as Christian walked into the compartment. 

"Hello, you three. How were your Christmases?" he asked, taking a seat next to Jace. 

"Boring," Jace replied.

 "Normal," Lola mumbled. 

"Awkward," Lily answered. Then they all laughed.

 "How about you, Christian?"Christian shrugged. 

"Not too bad. My little brother followed me around, I got a lot of presents, and I was forced to go to a bunch of adult parties so that I could hande bunch of younger kids."

 Jace whistled. "Sucks to be you." 

"How'd it turn out with your family, Lil?" Christian asked. 

Lily hummed a moment before explaining. 

"Well, my brothers and Hugo still hate me, Rose doesn't want to see me anymore, the others ignored me, and the only plus side is Louis. So . . . better than expected I guess," she laughed.

 "Sounds like it went well enough," Christian joked. 

The compartment door slid open again, and two older Gryffindor boys walked in. 

"Well, Todd, it looks like we did find a compartment," one of the boys commented. 

"Yeah, we just gotta clean the trash out of it," the other replied with a grin. Both boys laughed.All four Slytherins glared at the Gryffindors. Lola closed her magazine, sitting up, Jace straightened up, and Lily stood from her seat. Her glare was the meanest. 

"Get out " she hissed.

 Both boys grinned wider, looking as if they would soon begin to laugh. The one who had spoken first stepped closer, a swagger in his stance. "And are four little first years gonna  make us?" he taunted.