Part 43: Lily Luna and nothing more

Lily sighed as she watched the match of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Izzy had been dragged to the game by JR, so she dragged the other girls. Thankfully for JR, once the other boys heard they were going to the game, they tagged along. Christian had to go regardless, because he had gotten to cover the game for the Hogwarts paper. The paper was turning out to be a success in gossip. People were actually excited to see what would be in their first real issue, which was coming out the first week of March, which meant in just a couple of days.

Lily was actually thankful that Albus caught the Snitch, ending the game. Gryffindor won with three hundred and sixty, while Hufflepuff had a hundred and ninety. JR was the only one in the group disappointed.

"Hey, I told Josh that I would wait for him by the entrance to the pitch. Coming?" JR asked the rest of them. Izzy was the only one that was really enthusiastic about the idea, but the others agreed. Christian was writing away in some little notepad he brought with him. So the group walked down the stands, and moved to the entrance to the pitch, waiting for Josh Finch-Fletchley. Lily stuffed her hands into her jacket pockets. The sun was shining brightly and hotly, but the wind in the air made her shiver.

"What are you doing here?" Lily tensed slightly at that voice. They all turned to see Paige Wilde standing there with a few other Gryffindors fourth years. Lily immediately turned to the offense.

"I don't remember this being a Slytherin match," Paige said with a bit of tension in her own voice. Her hair had been cut short, a little shorter than when she'd had to cut it last year because of her fight with Lily.

"They're with me," JR told her casually. His arm was thrown around Izzy. "They came with Izzy."

"I forgot you were dating her," Paige said, giving Izzy a small glare.

"Is that a problem?" Lily demanded, glaring at Paige with distrust.

Paige glared fully at Lily. "Nice hair, Potter," she mocked.

"Don't call me that!" Lily hissed with fury.

Paige raised a brow. "What? Isn't that your name, Potter?"

"You say that one more time and I'll make sure that you forget your name!" Lily seethed.

"What's going on here?"

They all turned to see Hugo walking out of the pitch. He was wearing a bit of a thick maroon sweater, obviously one that grandmum made for him, and his broom was in his hand. He didn't look hostile when he noticed the group of Slytherins, which surprised Lily. Was he really over his hatred toward her?

Paige smiled when Hugo approached. "Nothing, babe. But when a group of snakes get together, it's hard to trust them." She wrapped her arms around one of Hugo's when he was close enough. Lily tried not to puke. Was Hugo really that dumb?

Hugo glanced over at them. "Well, I doubt they're planning on anything diabolical," he said quietly. Then he nodded toward JR. "Hey, Jay. How's it going?"

"Not bad. Good game," JR told him.

"I thought so," Hugo said with a grin.

Paige bounced on her toes. "So did I!" She reached up to kiss him on the cheek. He was the tallest fourth year there, and almost a head taller than Paige.

"I don't like the air here. Let's go," Logan Murdock muttered with disdain as he looked at the Slytherins.

Hugo nodded. "Yeah, sure." Without another word, the Gryffindors turned and began to walk away. But Hugo was the only one to glance back.

Lily felt an odd feeling in her chest. "Hey, Hugo!" she called.

All of the Gryffindors tensed at her voice. Except for Hugo, who only turned his head to look back at her. "Yeah?"