Part 29: Too much drama for one break

The rest of November went by quickly and without incident. Lily's arm healed nicely over the night, but the one on her face hadn't. But since it never hurt, she ignored it, and declined to go to the Hospital Wing. Tanner had been let out the day after the game, his arm as good as new. James was kept in there for a week. Everyone had expected James to be after revenge against Lars, but he didn't even go near Lars. In fact, he stayed away from all Slytherins. It made Lily trust him even less.

Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff had their match, which Lily couldn't help but go and watch. Hufflepuff had pulled out an amazing victory, winning the game with four hundred and ten points, leaving Ravenclaw with only two hundred and sixty. But the score wasn't Lily's main focus. She couldn't stop her eyes from following Lysander as he moved around in the sky.

December came, and as time went, Lily soon found herself packing to go home for Christmas. And she then found herself on the train, sitting with Jace and Lola.

"Man, I am so happy to be going home," Jace said with a sigh. "I mean, it'll be boring, but at least I won't have any homework." With another sigh, he took a big bite off of his Chocolate Frog.

"I'm not," Lola muttered. "My siblings are so annoying."

"Yours doesn't have crap on mine," Lily replied. "I'm just hoping that they'll continue to avoid me. And if my dad really did write to them too, then I'm sure they will."

"Hey, guys," Scorpius greeted as he stepped into their compartment. "How's it going?"

"Not bad," Jace said, holding out a Chocolate Frog. "Why aren't you with the others?"

"Mitch went off to snog Dominique, and Dante and Lana are being disgusting, and since she's practically my sister it's even worse. And the other guys are talking about Quidditch, so I thought it would be much more exciting to come and see my favorite girl," Scorpius said with a grin. He opened the frog and then tossed the card to Jace as he sat down.

"Well I'm flattered," Jace joked.

"As you should be," Scorpius said with a laugh.

The ride continued, and soon they found themselves at King's Cross. The four stood up to get their things. Scorpius grabbed Lily's bag, pulling it down from the overhead compartment. He held it out to her. "Here, Princess."

Lily gave him a small and thankful smile. "Thanks."

The four got off the train, and found themselves amongst the sea of reuniting families. Lola spotted hers immediately, giving Lily a hug and the boys a wave goodbye, before running off to greet them.

Scorpius smirked at the two third years. "Well, I see my family. I'll see you two later."

"Yeah, later, man," Jace told him.

Scorpius turned to Lily and gave her a hug. "Take care, Princess."

"You too," Lily said as she pulled away from the hug.

He walked away, leaving Lily and Jace standing there by themselves. Lily felt slightly awkward. They hadn't been alone together since the kiss. She wondered if he'd say anything.

But Jace only grinned. "Well, I guess I'll see you on the train ride back."

Lily nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I'll see you then."

Almost hesitantly, Jace gave her a short and slightly off, hug. Then he pulled back quickly, and gave a small wave goodbye. Lily stepped away and began walking to where her family usually waited for them all to get off. She found the mass of red hair and loud voices near the exit. Teddy was the first to see her.