Part 103: A two year wait

News of Megan and Hunter running off flew through the gossips of remaining pureblood Slytherin families. But they stayed true to their word and kept in touch with Lily, and apparently Dante as well. They were apparently still in London, but they hadn't said exactly where.

Brandon went off and married his girlfriend Ciara Lanes without telling anyone until days afterward. Lily had at first assumed he'd knocked her up, but Brandon denied it and promised that they'd all have dinner one night. He also assured that he had written a letter to Mitch and Dominique to let them know of Lily and Scorpius's wedding next summer. He was just waiting to hear back.

Lily and Scorpius settled into living together more and more each day. While Lily did different modeling shoots, and looked at different dresses each day, Scorpius went off to the ministry. He was still waiting to go on his first real mission as an Auror.

Lily had finally gotten back her test results for her N.E.W.T. exams, and was mildly happy and proud to see a string of O's on the paper. She was more happy to hear the Hugo and Lola got their needed results to start the training for their desired careers. Lola would be officially starting in August, and Hugo started immediately.

Lily found herself a bit nervous as the month of July was slowly coming to an end. Because it meant only one more thing for her. A day that she knew was approaching, but unsure of when.

Lily sat at the Leaky Cauldron with Brandon, both eating a much needed lunch. They had spent the morning between two different fashion meetings. One to look at dresses, and one to model a few outfits. It was becoming routine, but it still made her a little tired and hungry after each one.

"So, this next meeting will be a bit casual. You won't be trying on a million different dresses, I promise," Brandon assured her. "They just want to talk about different styles you might like."

"And then we'll do another meeting where I'll try a hundred different dresses with the styles I mention?" Lily guessed dryly and with a fake smile. "Fantastic."

"Oh, and by the way, there was something I wanted to ask you," Brandon mentioned after swallowing a mouthful of food. "What do you think about getting a muggle phone? A mobile one?"

Lily raised her brow. She obviously knew what a phone was, her father was raised by muggles, as was her aunt. But a mobile one? What the hell was that? And why would she need one? "Um, a mobile phone?"

Brandon nodded, and then pulled something out of his pocket and set it between them on the table. "It's called a cellphone. It's like a normal muggle phone, but much more convenient. You can take it anywhere. They're amazing. I got one when one of my muggle clients suggested it to me. It's a great way to quickly get in touch with someone. I figured it'd make things easier on you and me. In case something comes up for you suddenly, or I have sudden news, ya know?"

Lily picked up the small rectangular thing. She ran her fingers open, and almost jumped when part of it flipped up suddenly. At first she'd thought she'd broken it, but it seemed intact. The screen was like a muggle television almost, although much smaller. And there were the normal buttons a telephone had, along with a few others.

"I could teach you how to use one," Brandon assured. "It's really easy once you get the hang of it. So think about it."

Lily just looked at it hesitantly as she handed it back to Brandon. "Maybe."

"Lily!" Lily was surprised at the sound of her father's voice. She turned to see him hurrying toward her from the fireplace.

"Hey, Dad. How'd you know I was here?" Lily asked curiously.