Part 63: One down, hundred to go

There were two distinct groups on the train, and they didn't interact. In fact, they were on opposite sides of the train. And even though they were all far away from each other, the ride still felt tense, at least to Lily and her group. Perhaps it was because of the inevitable blow up that was bound to happen when Uncle Ron saw Lola come off the train. Maybe because Lily hadn't mentioned that Scorpius was coming. Maybe because Uncle Bill wants to strangle Mitch.

As casual as Lily, Scorpius, Dominique, Mitch, and Hugo were, Lola was extremely nervous. Not that Lily blamed her. Lola had yet to be placed under the scrutiny of the family. Sure, Lily's parents had met Lola a few years ago, and they had liked her. But Lily had learned the hard way the opinions changed when a person began dating someone in the family. After all, her father's opinion had changed to Scorpius, and had even changed slightly of Lysander.

"Are you sure your mum will like me?" Lola asked Hugo, practically gnawing on her bottom lip practically. Lola had dressed as nicely as she could while still looking casual. Her hair was pulled up, and there wasn't a bit of makeup. Mainly because Lily had warned her that Hermione appreciated when a girl was confident in herself without makeup.

Hugo chuckled as he placed a comforting arm around her. "Chill out, baby. I'm sure she will. And if she doesn't, I still don't care."

Lola didn't look assured. "Well I care. I'd rather that at least one adult in your family likes me! And personally, I'd like it to be your mum."

"She's got good instincts," Dominique commented. "If Hermione likes her, she'll shut Ron up."

Lola leaned into Hugo, a scared look on her face. "It was so much easier when I met Rex's parents last year," she muttered.

"Yeah, but Rex's parents don't give a shit whom he dates really," Mitch pointed out. "They have a lot of faith that their kids will make good choices on that end."

When the train came to a stop mid-afternoon, Lily and the others were the last ones to get off the train. Platform Nine 3/4 was empty except for a few members of the Potter-Weasley family. Lily noticed that it was only their parents, although Aunt Angelina wasn't there. Lily guessed that she was working with Grandma Molly on the wedding.

"I got this, babe," Scorpius said as he took her bag from her shoulder. Then he wrapped his free arm around her shoulders. Lily watched as Albus and the other cousins all began to head over to the adults. Lily was a bit distraught to see that neither Teddy nor Victoire were around.

"I'm so excited," Dominique muttered sarcastically.

"I know I am!" Mitch said with a laugh.

"Well, it's going to be interesting," Hugo agreed. He turned around to where Lola was stepping off the train. "Here, I'll take your bag," he offered.

Lola smiled and lightly blushed as she handed it to him. "Thanks," she replied.

Hugo smiled as he too placed an arm around her, then placed a kiss on her temple. "No problem," he told her.

Lily glanced over at the adults. She tensed, although wasn't surprised, to see the fury on Ron's face at the sight of Lola. Lily could see Rose's mouth moving, obviously telling her father something.

"Let's get this over with," Dominique said dully. Taking Mitch's hand, she began to walk toward the family. A bit slower, the others followed them.

"So, someone remind me, what's the plan today?" Scorpius asked.

"We're all going back to the Burrow for a couple of hours," Lily told him.

"Even us?" Scorpius asked, motioning toward himself and Mitch.