Part 116: When you're no longer hurting

When word finally did spread around the family about Louis having a daughter, Grandma Weasley immediately set up a big family party one weekend. Lily and Scorpius of course brought Cecilia along, and Padfoot as well. And since Cecilia was turning out to be pretty good friends with little Fleur and Colin, the three of them immediately took off giggling into the backyard where everyone was. Theodore and Gabby were sitting in a small group with Dom, who seemed very shy around her newly found cousins.

"There's my godson!" Hugo said proudly as he and Stacy approached Lily and Scorpius. He held out his arms, so Scorpius passed Mitchell off to his godfather. "Hey, little guy." Mitchell immediately reached up and took his hat, which had become a new fascination for him whenever he saw Hugo.

"He's so cute," Stacy murmured, smiling sweetly.

"I can't tell who he'll look like more," Hugo joked. "Although, he does have a lot of Lily in his looks already, what with the hair and eyes."

"Is he still teething?" Stacy asked curiously.

Scorpius pinched the shoulder of his shirt, which had an obvious and new wet spot. "Yep. A few new ones are coming in." He reached down the rub Padfoot's back playfully. "He drools more than this guy sometimes!" Padfoot just wagged his tail, and playfully rubbed his head against Scorpius's pantleg.

"Is that my nephew?" James questioned as he and Rose walked over to join them. He held out his hands. "Let me see." Hugo passed the baby off. "Hey there, big guy! What's up?" James said excitedly, making Mitchell smile and let out a little laugh.

Rose smiled. "Aw. It almost makes you want one."

"I don't think this is something I want to hear about my sister," Hugo teased.

Rose playfully shoved him. "Oh, don't be a baby. It's not like I was going to go into detail. Besides, I still have a career to think about first."

"Well I know it makes me want one. I feel left out now that both of my siblings have kids of their own," James joked.

"Speaking of kids," Hugo commented, looking a bit uncertain. "Anyone know why Louis's little girl seems so shy?"

Now their whole little group seemed hesitant, because Dom was a bit of a touchy, and yet uncertain topic. No one really knew how to approach the subject or talk about it.

So Lily sighed. "I think she just might be a little upset and scared. I mean, she did just lose her mother a few weeks ago."

"And this is a lot to take in," Rose agreed. "I mean, this is a whole lot of family. I'm sure once she gets comfortable, she'll relax."

"I feel kind of bad," Hugo stated. "I mean, a girl her age should be happy, loud, and full of energy."

"Just give her time," James said. "It's not easy when your life takes a turn for the worst. It can take awhile before it all comes back together again." But then James jumped. "Ah! Oh, oh, Lil, he's drooling everywhere! Is he ok?"

Lily laughed as she took Mitchell, and wiped his chin. "He's teething, James."

"Babies do that when they reach this stage," Scorpius mentioned he dug through the baby bag, and pulled out a small teething ring. "Here, little man. It's cold." Mitchell took it, and immediately began to gnaw on it.

James wiped his shirt a little, but there was still a little wet spot. "I've never had a baby drool that much on me. Took me by surprise."

Rose rolled her eyes. "You're such a dork."

"Aunt Lily!" Theo greeted happily as he and Gabby ran up to them, with Dom following slowly behind them.

Lily smiled at them. "Hey, Theo. How does it feel to be seven?" His birthday has passed last month, and Gabby's was about a week ago now.