Part 65: The damages of rivalry

Lily awoke to the sound of a closing door. Slowly she opened her eyes, blinking the sleep away. She was on her back, and above her was a wood ceiling. It took Lily a moment to gather herself, and remember everything. The first thing that came to her was a very sore feeling in-between her thighs. Then the memory of her and Scorpius's date. Valentine's Day, the Shrieking Shack . . . Lily blushed as she remembered it all. They had finally taken that step. They had really had sex. She smiled happily, the sore feeling having nothing on how content she felt.

"Good morning, beautiful," a husky voice murmured.

Not getting up, Lily turned her head to see Scorpius standing next to the bed, redressed in his jeans, but still shirtless. Her smile brightened at the sight of him. "Hi," she greeted a bit shyly.

He smirked. "Hi," he said back.

Lily licked her dry lips. "It's morning?"

Scorpius nodded. "Yeah, I just checked outside. It looks like the sun just came up, so I doubt it's even time for breakfast yet." He paused. "Should we head back now?"

Lily sighed heavily. She didn't want to, but she knew they had to. The governors had probably kept tabs on who left to Hogsmeade, and Lily was sure that her and Scorpius's absences were noticed. "Yeah, I guess so."

Scorpius nodded, then his eyes roamed over her blanket-covered form. He looked back at her. "Should I carry you?" he asked.

Lily shook her head. "No, I'll be fine." She sat up, holding the blanket to her. It hit her then that, she was still naked. And for some reason, she felt embarrassment run lightly through her. Why did it matter? Scorpius had very obviously seen her naked . . . and within twenty-four hours!

But Scorpius must have noticed her flushed cheeks, and must have sense it was due to modesty. "I'll go get your shoes and the candy," he told her. He grabbed his shirt, and then he left the room, closing the door behind him.

Lily sighed and dropped the blanket. She hated that modest part of her. Of all the times to show up? Pushing away the thought, she pushed off the blanket, and moved her legs so that they dangled off the bed. She hissed raggedly at the pain that jolted through her. That sore feeling could really pack a punch when she moved! But she sucked it up and pushed herself off the bed, putting her weight on her feet. Immediately, her knees wobbled and almost gave out. She caught herself on the bed, and bite her tongue to keep from cursing at the pain. Very slowly, and with as little movement as possible, she picked up her clothing that littered the floor around the bed, and slowly dressed. She didn't bother putting on her tights again, and settled for sitting back on the bed once she was done, putting her Slytherin pendant back on.

It was a few minutes before Scorpius hesitantly opened the door. He stepped in, a bit more relaxed and carefree once he noticed she was dressed. Now Lily felt embarrassed at her previous modesty. "Are you ready?" he asked, her shoes in one hand, and the bag of Honeyduke's candy in the other. Her jacket was slung over his shoulder. He was completely dressed now too, shirt on, shoes tied, and jacket on with the collar popped up.

Lily nodded. "Yeah. Just hand me my shoes." Scorpius moved closer, holding her shoes out. Lily took them and placed them on the bed next to her. Then she pulled her leg up to slip her shoe on, and hissed at the pain. "Dammit!" She couldn't help the small outburst.

Scorpius was instantly there, one hand on her knee, the other on her shoulder. "Babe, are you ok?" he asked hurriedly.

Lily nodded as she unbent her leg and took a deep breath. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just a little sore," she finally admitted.

Scorpius looked at her with concern. Then he took her shoe from her, and kneeled down in front of her. He slipped it on her foot, and began to tie the laces. When he finished, he took her other shoe and did the same. Lily smiled thankfully at him. She brought a hand to his hair, running her fingers through it.