Part 44: A life changing party

Lily glanced over her exam results with only mild interest. Perfect scores, just like usual. Lily was starting to wonder if she was really her aunt Hermione's daughter instead of her mum's. Neither of her parents got grades like she did. Then again, there were too many qualities that were like her parents.

"I'm so excited!" Shannon gushed as the girls all sat around the common room. "Tomorrow night is going to be epic!"

It was true. Only one more day until the party, and everyone in Slytherin House was excited for it.

"Are you going with Hunter?" Izzy asked.

Shannon smiled shyly. "Yep."

"Of course she is. The real question is how far she'll let him go," Megan teased.

The other girls laughed, but Shannon threw one of the couch's pillows at Megan. "Shut up!" she giggled, her cheeks turning pink.

"Are you going with someone, Megan?" Lily asked, turning the spotlight onto her.

But Megan just grinned slyly. "No. Why tie myself to only one guy the whole night?" she joked. The other girls laughed again.

"Shannon's right. Tomorrow night is going to be epic," Lola said with a grin.

To no surprise, the girls were still in their dorm room when the party was about to start. They were still helping each other on what to wear. Lily had slipped on a red and black striped top that exposed both of her shoulders, black tights, and a short black, lacy skirt. She curled the ends of her hair, and put on a light bit of makeup. She chose her favorite lip gloss to wear. Bubblegum flavored.

"Should I wear the green top, or the blue?" Shannon asked as she held up the two tops. All the girls looked over at her.

"Is Hunter getting any further tonight?" Lily asked.

"No," Shannon answered immediately.

"Then the blue. It looks better on you anyways," Lily told her.

"If you're wearing that, then wear the last pair of jeans you had on. They'll look better," Lola told her.

It was another half hour before the girls were finally dressed, primped, and ready to be seen by the party. They were careful while sneaking out, knowing that the doors were unlocked, and that the Slytherin prefects were supposed to be patrolling the dungeons and first floors. The girls giggled as they half-ran across the grass toward the Forbidden Forest. Lana had given them very specific instructions on how to get there, not wanting them to end up in the wrong part of the forest.

"It's here," Lily told them when they reached the edge of the forest. "Here's the scorch mark the seventh years left."

"Then let's go!" Lola said in a hush voice of excitement. The girls rushed into the forest, and within the next couple of minutes, they could see the lights that signaled the party was on. Soon, they stepped into a large clearing. It was perfect for a party. It was ringed with trees, blocking out the light for the school to see, yet had enough room to not be claustrophobic. Lights and candles were strung everywhere in the trees or floating in the air. The older students had really taken time with getting this party ready. A few chairs and a couch from the Slytherin common room were in the clearing, along with the couch from the Shrieking Shack, and two others she didn't recognize. There were three big tables, filled with food and drinks, some of which Lily was sure were spiked. From somewhere, music was playing loudly, and the middle of the clearing had been turned into a dance floor.

"Amazed?" the girls jumped, and turned to see Scorpius smirking at them, Justin and Lars by his side.

"How did you guys do all of this?" Lily asked.