Part 39:Making new windows

Lily sat on the bench in the pitch, watching as Scorpius held tryouts for Chasers. He was holding tryouts for all potions but Seeker this year, claiming that no one was going to do better. But Lily couldn't see someone doing better than the other guys. But Scorpius had explained that to her as well.

"I just wanna mess with them," Scorpius had joked.

So Lily hadn't even bothered to change out. She just took up a bench and sat down, watching from the ground. There were other students in the stands, from all different Houses. Lily could see that James and his team had come to spy and check out new recruits.

"Hey there," a voice said in her ear. Lily smiled slightly when she recognized the voice.

She turned her head to see Lysander sitting next to her, smiling at her. "Hey."

"Feels like I haven't seen you in awhile," he joked lightly.

Lily sighed, but she still smiled. "Sorry. It's been a bit hectic getting back into the routine of Hogwarts," she said. Then to apologize even more, she reached up and kissed him lightly.

Lysander chuckled. "It's ok." Then he seemed to notice the fading bruise on her cheek. He reached up to touch it carefully. "What happened here?" he asked.

Lily smiled. "Oh, it took a bit of a nasty hit in Defense Against the Dark Arts a week or so ago. An accident," she lied easily.

"Does it hurt?" Lysander asked as he dropped his hand from her cheek, and began to push her hair from her face.

"Nah, it's fine. I usually forget that it's there," Lily told him.

Lysander smiled as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Well, I'm glad that it doesn't hurt."

"So, you come here to spy too?" Lily teased.

"On a very pretty girl," he retorted with laughed.

Lily laughed too, but then someone in the stands caught her eye. Sitting next to Albus was Melanie Claverdon, one of the girls who had attacked her. And his arm was around her, and her head was on his shoulder. She was dating Albus? Why hadn't Dante put that on the list he gave her? Or was this a recently made relationship. Lily scanned the other Gryffindors, and sure enough, Lyla Stretton was in the crowd, sitting just in front of James.

"Lily?" Lily was shaken out her thoughts by a voice. She turned her head to see a girl standing next to Lysander. She wasn't Lily's age. She actually looked older than her.

"Yeah?" Lily asked.

The girl held out a magazine to her, and Lily knew immediately what she wanted. "Could you sign this for me?"

Lily smiled as she took the magazine and the quill the girl held. "Yeah, no problem."

The girl held out an ink bottle for Lily to dip the quill in. "Thanks. I appreciate it."

"No problem," Lily said with a smile, handing her back the magazine and quill.

The girl began to put it in her bag, and she smiled at Lysander. "Only you could bag such an awesome girlfriend, Ly," she teased.

Lysander chuckled. "I'm only so lucky," he corrected.

The girl laughed. "Thanks again, Lily. Later, Ly," she said with a wave.

"Later, Allie," Lysander said with a wave.

"Wait!" Lily called out to the girl, 'Allie'.

Allie stopped. "Yeah?"

Lily pulled out a couple of slips of paper that she'd taken to carrying around with her, just for these moments. "Can I see that quill again?"

With a little confusion, she handed Lily the quill. Lily pulled out one slip, then shoved the rest in her pocket again. Then she took the quill, and next to a name, wrote a number.