Part 79: Good changes and Bad changes

Lily's trunk was packed and ready on the morning of September first. And she herself felt a little more ready for her time away from Scorpius. She knew she was easily ready to face another year at Hogwarts, and she was absolutely ready to see Jacob being the headmaster again.

"Oh, I can't believe you're already going off to you sixth year," Ginny sighed as they stepped onto Platform 9 3/4.

"I can't believe that the summer lasted so long," Lily replied.

"Well I think I see Hermione and Ron," Harry mentioned. Lily followed her father's eyes, and saw the tall figure that was her uncle. But she didn't see Hugo. But she could see flashes of blonde and copper hair not too far away.

"I'll be back in a minute," Lily told her parents. "I just need to talk with someone quick." Lily left her parents and began to walk over to where she saw most of the Pritchard siblings and their parents.

"Hey, Lily!" Bobby greeted happily as soon as he saw her coming.

"Lily!" Marsha squealed. She ran over and hugged her.

Lily laughed as she hugged the girl back. "Hey, Marsha."

"Hi, Lily," little six-year-old Candice greeted with a shy smile.

Lily kneeled a little so that she could look the girl in the face. "Well hey there, Candy. You are getting prettier every time I see you." And it was true. Young Candice was a very cute little girl. She had rich copper hair that was more red than anything, and pretty dark eyes.

The girl giggled. "Thank you."

Lily stood up and looked at Bobby. "So, where's Lola?"

"Well she saw Shannon, and the two girls started squealing, so we left them behind," Bobby joked.

Lily laughed lightly. "Well, I'll go find her."

"Or we could find you." Lily turned to see Lola and Shannon approaching. Immediately, Lola had Lily in a hug. "It feels like forever!"

"Well why didn't you go to Adrian's party?" Lily asked her as the three girls stepped away from the littler kids.

Lola shrugged. "I wasn't really up for a party." She sighed. "So, you heard about me and Hugo?"

Lily nodded. "Yeah, your relationship was on his mind a lot, even after the breakup. Are you ok?"

"Well, it's a little sad, but he was right. We weren't going anywhere in our relationship," Lola replied. Then she paused, and a shy grin appeared on her face. "So, did he tell you what we did before that though?"

Lily laughed. "He did, and then worried that you really weren't ok."

Lola rolled her eyes. "I told him I was fine. I mean, it hurt, but . . . it passed."

"So, Lily, have you seen any of the others? We were about to look for them. We already loaded our stuff onto the train," Shannon asked.

"I haven't even seen Hugo yet," Lily replied. "But I'm sure the others will turn up."

"Who'll turn up?" a deep voice asked.

The three girls turned, and each of their jaws practically dropped. Behind them, approaching was Jace. But not the Jace they left last year. This Jace was taller, and much more fit. He had really grown into his ears, which now didn't stick out at all. His hair was wavy around his head, the ends curling lightly around his forehead. And under a striking brow were dark but gentle eyes.

At their stares, his brow became a scowl of confusion. "What the hell are you staring at?" he asked, his voice a lower octave than they remembered.

Lily blinked a few times, regaining her thoughts. "Oh, you just . . . you actually grew into your ears," she covered.