Part 112: Reasons to worry

Lily sighed as she walked through a large hallway with Brandon by her side. They were meeting with T.J. and Henry to look over Lily's latest photos, which had been done specifically for Valentine's Day, and also to discuss their next idea and new designs.

"How does your wife feel about you spending Valentine's Day working?" Lily teased with a small yawn as they walked.

Brandon chuckled. "Considering we have a baby, she doesn't really care about sex and romance at the moment," he joked. "What about your husband?"

"He's working as well," Lily retorted with a smile. "So we're ok."

Brandon opened a door, and waved Lily in. "Well then, ladies first."

Lily walked into the moderately-sized office, used to the look. The large windows showing the city below. A desk with a comfortable-looking chair behind it. There were quite a few comfy armchairs around the room and two in front of the desk. Two bookshelves stood to the side, and magazines were everywhere, along with pictures from photo shoots.

T.J. sat behind the desk, with Henry standing behind him and looking at something with him. But at their entrance both men looked up and smiled. "Ah! Lily, Brandon! Come in, let's get started."

"You're awfully excited," Lily commented as she and Brandon sat down.

Henry turned what they were looking at, and pushed it toward them. "Well we thought that the spread turned out well."

On the desk was a magazine spread of two pages, decorated of a few different pictures of Lily, along with details of the new designs that she was wearing. There was one where she wore a pretty, business casual dress. She wore many shades of reds, whites, and pinks. Most of the outfits she'd done for the shoot were a tad more formal and elegant than some of their more casual designs.

"These look excellent," Brandon said in agreement.

Lily didn't say anything. She'd seen all the pictures before they'd been picked, as usual, and she really thought all of them turned out well. But apparently there was something that she always missed or didn't understand, because these three were always able to pick out the "best" ones from every shoot she did with them.

"Also, I am very excited about these," T.J. said as he handed over what Lily recognized as his portfolio, which was opened already.

Lily brought it forward for her and Brandon to look at. Together they flipped through the new designs, which Lily thought were great, casual, and perfect for the upcoming spring. There were light colors, whites, yellows, and even some blues. Clothes that were ready for the warming air and light rain.

"What do you think, Lily?" Henry asked. When it came to the designs, it was always Lily's opinion they asked for first.

"They're great," Lily complimented. "If you get these made and out by Easter, they'll be a hit."

"That's what we were thinking," Henry agreed. "We've estimated that it'll only take a few weeks to get the designs made and ready to be put out for the public, so we're thinking about a week and a half before we do the photo shoot for the magazines. Does that work for you?"

Lily nodded. "As far as I know. Brandon?"

Brandon nodded as well. "Yes, that works. We've got a few things books, but when the time comes, talk to me, and I'll give you the days we have open."

"Sounds great. We'll get on finding the perfect day," T.J. mentioned. "Also, there's something I want to discuss with you two, mainly Lily."

Henry cleared his throat, looking at T.J., "Tim?" he said obviously hesitant. "I'm still not sure about this."