Part 31: Friends, Boyfriends and Crushes

When Lily and Jace came back from Hogsmeade, they couldn't find Lola anywhere. But when Lily went to bed, she found Lola in her own bed, already asleep . . . in the clothes she'd worn to Hogsmeade. Chalking it up to Lola just being tired, Lily undressed and changed for bed. She laid down on her bed, her eyes closing easily to sleep.

The next morning, it was Shannon that woke her up for breakfast.

"Come on, it's a beautiful day, and it's still only Sunday," Shannon said with a smile.

"And it's probably freezing outside," Lily muttered. She glanced over at Lola's bed to find it empty and already made. "Where's Lola?"

"She already went down to breakfast," Shannon told her. "Now, come on! Jace and the boys are waiting."

Lily sighed and pulled out an outfit for the day. Since it was a weekend, and they were allowed casual wear on weekends, Lily was able to choose something from her new clothes. She picked a black cutout shoulder top, a frilly black skirt with lace on the bottom, and black leggings under it. She pulled her hair up into a high side ponytail, making sure her ears were visible.

"You know, I like the change in clothes and style," Shannon complimented as Lily pulled on her shoes.

Lily grinned. "Thanks. But I'm more concerned about what my dad will think about it."

"Think he'll hate it?" Shannon asked.

"I can only hope," Lily said with a laugh. "Come on, let's eat."

The two girls left the dorm room, and when they entered the common room, they saw that Christian and Xavier had waited along with Jace.

"Hey, girls," Jace greeted with a smile.

Lily smiled back. "Hey. Good sleep?"

"Once I ignored Monty's snoring," he joked. "So, where's dirty?"

"She and the other girls went ahead," Shannon told him.

"Wow. She didn't stay to wake you up?" Jace commented.

"I know, it's kind of weird," Lily agreed.

"Especially with how she acted yesterday in Hogsmeade," Jace muttered.

"What are you talking about?" Shannon asked. "She seemed fine yesterday."

"Well, when I came to join her and Jace at Honeydukes, she just left and didn't say anything to me," Lily explained.

"And then she completely avoids us," Jace added.

"Do you think she's mad at me?" Lily asked.

"What did you do to make her mad?" Christian asked.

Lily shrugged. "I don't know! That's what's confusing. I just walked into Honeydukes. I mean, I was a little later than when I was supposed to be there, but I still had to talk to the team."

"Maybe the others know what's got her wand in a knot," Xavier told her.

But when they got to the Slytherin table, they found that Lola wasn't sitting with the other third years. She wasn't sitting anywhere in the Great Hall.

"Where the hell is Lola?" Jace demanded when they sat down in front of the others.

"She ate a really small breakfast and then rushed out. Said something about the library," Megan said with a roll of her eyes. "It's a Sunday. Who studies on a Sunday?"

Lily sighed as she made her plate. "She's avoiding me."

"Why? What did you do?" Izzy asked.

Lily shrugged. "I've no idea. But she's been avoiding me since yesterday."