Part 16: A Slytherin in Gryffindor's colors

Lily stretched as she waited for Lola to get dressed. The three had brought a bunch of food and drinks back to the common room, and back up to the boys' dorm room. They had stayed in there until the other boys came to sleep, and then they moved back to the practically empty common room. They'd stayed up all night, celebrating their results, and unspokenly celebrating the end of Jace and Lola's fight. At the end of their night, they'd all stumbled up to the bed, getting a total of one and a half-hour of sleep. Nowextremely tired, and almost wished to skip breakfast.

"Remind me, Lily. Why did we decide to stay up until the sun rose?" Lola mumbled tiredly.

"Because we were stupid enough to be proud of being smart," Lily said a large yawn following. 

"Think big ears got up?" Lola asked. 

Lily shrugged. "Maybe, though Christian would have had to probably drag Jace out of his bed." 

Lola scoffed. "Sounds like something he'd do." 

Lola straightened up her robes, and then two girls trudged down the stairs, and down into the common room. 

"Hey, wait up!" a groggy voice called out to them. Both girls turned to see Jace stumbling over to them. "I see I'm not the only tired one." 

"You are. We're exhausted," Lily retorted. And to prove her point, she yawned again. 

"Well, actually I think I'm almost dead," Lola replied, and the three began walking toward the door again. 

"So, what's on the agenda today?" Jace asked with a large yawn of his own. 

"Well, after we wake up a bit, I say that we hang outside. It looks to be a beautiful day, and I think we could use the fresh air," Lily suggested. 

"Sounds fantastic," Lola said with a sigh. The three sat down at the Slytherin table, and immediately they all went toward coffee. 

"You know, that stunts your growth, and you kids might need that." 

Lily turned her head to see Lana and Scorpius coming to sit by them. "All I care about right now is staying awake," she replied. 

"Long night?" Scorpius teased. 

"And a short morning," Lola added. 

"Ah! Here is Slytherin's famous trio of second years!" Professor Slughorn said cheerfully as he made his way toward them. 

"Good morning, Professor," they all chimed.Lily noticed the papers in his hands. "What have you got there, Professor?" 

Professor Slughorn's lips stretched into a big smile. "These are for each of your second years. One for each." 

He handed them each a paper. "They're so you can pickelectives for next year. And then there is your permission slip for Hogsmeade next year. Be sure to have your parents sign them." 

"Thank you, Professor," Lily said, looking over her paper. 

"So, what are you gonna take, Lil?" Jace asked as Slughorn walked away. He dropped his paper onto the table and began to pile food onto his plate. 

Lily looked over her list. "Care of Magical Creatures for sure. But I'm not sure about my second one." 

"Well, Muggle Studies isn't bad," Scorpius suggested. 

"I think my grandfather is a better teacher," Lily joked. 

"I've been taking Arithmancy and Ancient Ruins, and I haven't regretted it," Lana contributed.