Part 4: Playing Dirty

The time for the match of Slytherin versus Gryffindor had snuck up on both teams, making them constantly fight on who got to practice on what days. No one knew exactly what was said during Lily and James's fight, but everyone was aware of the tension between the two. 

Lily had taken to not acknowledging her brother, or most of her family. Theonly one she seemed to talk to was Hugo, and that was when one was trying to get a rise out of the other. It usually ended in one of them hexing the other. 

To Lily's surprise, she hadn't gotten a letter from her parents concerning Scorpius, so Lily had the feeling that James had been bluffing. He couldn't tell them much without tellingthem about the whole fight.

 "What a pansy," Scorpius had laughed when Lily told him of her suspicion. 

Lily had taken to hanging around Scorpius Malfoy more often, partly because it annoyed her brothers, which she knew Scorpius enjoyed as well, but mainly because he was a goodguy. He made her laugh, and she never dwelled on what her brother had said. And he's calling her Lily Luna had spread, and now most of the Slytherins called her that,except for Jace and Lola. Lana didn't call her that either, just to go against Scorpius.When the day of the match came, Lily chose to eat a full meal, but not enough to where she would end up throwing up part of her was a bit afraid. 

Aaron had briefed theteam on the Gryffindor players and told her that she would be going up against Albus.

 Lily had gulped. She knew Albus was a good Seeker. She had seen him play at home. Shedidn't know if she could beat him.Lola seemed to read her mind. 

"Don't worry about Albus," she told Lily. 

"You're smaller, so you might be faster." 

"Yeah," Jace agreed. 

"And if you're not, just tackle him off his broom." 

Finally, Lily cracked a smile.Later that afternoon, Lily was sitting with the rest of the team in the locker room. Aaron was pacing in front of them, trying to find the words he wanted to say.

 "Alright, team. Thisis the biggest game for us. We've lost the past few years, but this time I think we can do it. We have a good Seeker." He grinned at Lily.

 "And from what I hear, little Albusis a little shook up about having to go against his sister. Any hesitation he shows could be the key. But James Potter's been pretty aggressive the past few days, so I need theother Chasers to watch out and be careful." 

"Yeah, sorry about that," Lily joked. The others laughed. 

Aaron finally smiled. "Alright. Let's head out." 

They all walked out into the stadium and toward the middle. The Gryffindor team had already come out and had been announced.

 "And on the Slytherin team, Captain Aaron Goyle, Adrian Flint, and Scorpius Malfoy are playing as Chasers. Dante Montague is back as Keeper, just as Raven Bole and Lars Goyleare back as the Beaters. And the new popular player is their Seeker, Lily Potter. The first girl on the Slytherin team in a long time." Meredith Macmillan, an older Gryffindor, wascommentating on the games.

 The teams made it to the middle, and Madam Hooch stood in the middle, the ball crate at her feet, and the Quaffle in her hands. The teams glared at each other. Lily caughtAlbus's eye, and Aaron had been right. He seemed hesitant. 

"I want a clean game," Madam Hooch told them.

 "Captains shake hands."Aaron and a burly sixth-year Gryffindor that Lily was sure was Corbin Wood, walked forward and tensely shook hands. When they parted, they were both flexing their fingers.