Part 104: The way of game

"So, you really have no idea why our parents decided to have dinner together tonight?" Scorpius asked Lily as the two of them walked through Godric's Hollow. The evening was warm, without a single breeze running through the air.

Both of them were dressed nicely for a dinner with both of their parents. Her mother had stopped by to visit Lily today, and tell her about the sudden dinner plans, and her father had told Scorpius at work. Neither gave a reason why.

"No clue," Lily replied with a sigh. "My guess is that it has to do with the wedding."

"Well I guess it's nice that our mothers are having so much fun with this," Scorpius said with a chuckle as they approached the door to the Potter household.

The two stepped inside, and could immediately smell dinner being made, as well as hear voices from the living room. They walked down the hall, and saw not only their fathers, but Lily's uncle Ron as well, although her uncle had a small scowl on his face.

"Ah, there you two are. Your mothers have been waiting forever," Harry said with a chuckle.

Scorpius smirked as he stepped into the room, coming to sit by Ron. "That's not a surprise. This felt like a trap as soon as I learned our mothers had set it up," he joked.

Lily rolled her eyes and smiled as she left the room, and went to the kitchen to join their mothers, and most likely her aunt Hermione. She wasn't wrong, and found the three women all in the kitchen.

"Lily! We were wondering when you two would finally show up," Astoria teased lightly.

Lily smiled as she came to sit at the table. "Well we're here now. What have we missed?"

"Besides Ron's amusing sulking, not much," Ginny joked.

Lily looked at her aunt Hermione. "What's Uncle Ron's problem."

Hermione looked at her in mild surprise. "Hugo didn't tell you?"

"I haven't seen Hugo since my birthday," Lily replied.

"Oh. Well Rose and Lorcan have decided to get married this October," Hermione answered.

"Seriously?" Lily inquired, a little surprised. "What brought this on?"

Hermione shrugged. "I honestly don't know. As Rose puts it, they both just decided it was time. They both thought October would be the perfect time. They want something simple and small. Friends and family."

"At the Burrow?" Lily guessed.

"Yes, that was their other request. You'll be there?" Hermione asked.

Lily raised a brow. "Of course. Why do you ask?"

Hermione shrugged. "Well I know that you and Rose haven't been the best of friends for years now. I wasn't sure."

Now Lily shrugged. "At this point, I honestly have no problem with Rose, or attending her wedding. Besides, even if I did, Lorcan is great friend. How could I not attend his wedding?"

"Speaking of weddings," Ginny hinted, "that's sort of the reason for this dinner."

"I knew it," Lily sighed. "What about it?"

"Let's wait until dinner, so we can tell both of you," Astoria retorted.

When dinner was ready, and the men were called in, her uncle Ron seemed in a better mood, as all the men were still chuckling about something. They all sat down to eat, and Scorpius played with a strand of Lily's hair. "So, what are we being summoned for? None of the guys would tell me."