Part 69: Daddy's perfect little girl

On Sunday morning, Lily found herself sitting with Scorpius at the far end of the table, eating breakfast. Lily was a little tired, and she knew Scorpius had to be as well. They had both snuck down to the common room again, and Lily could see a routine ready to build. But even if she got a little less sleep than usual, it was worth it. Extra time with Scorpius was always worth it.

"So, you start your group lessons tomorrow?" Scorpius asked.

"Surprisingly, yes. The Defense Against the Dark Arts group was positive that they could be ready after the weekend," Lily replied.

Scorpius munched on a piece of toast. "Wish there was a group like that around when I was a fifth year. Things probably would have been easier."

Lily laughed lightly. "Not when you're the one setting it all up though."

Scorpius nodded with understanding. "So, obviously you're part of the Potions group. When are you guys going over your material?"

"I told them that I suggested we start Draught of Peace. Although it's complicated, we only need to know the information and facts about it. It's only on the written portion of the tests," Lily told him.

"Lily! Lil!" Hugo called as he jogged toward the two of them. There was a rolled paper into his hands, and when he came to their spot at the table, Lily noticed the slightly worried look in his eyes. "There's a potential problem," he told her. He laid out what ended up being the school paper.

"A Surprise but Welcome Visit from Harry Potter"

Lily stared blankly at the headline. "What?" she said, her voice full of disbelief.

"Yeah, he's coming tomorrow at the request of Heyes and Brunt," Hugo told her. Despite the new and "unspoken" rule of sitting at your own House's table, Hugo sat down in front of them. "He's going to come and lecture for Defense Against the Dark Arts, and also see how the school is doing under Heyes's watch."

Lily sighed. "Then we'll just convince him that it's not going well."

"But how?" Hugo asked. "We can't stage a fight. With these new rules, people would get suspended or expelled. How else could we do it?"

Lily bit her lip as she thought. How could they do it?

"Show him how miserable it is for us students," Scorpius suggested. "He has to remember how awful it was under Umbridge's rule. He'd sympathize, and he would be against them. So if he didn't support her, then the other governors probably wouldn't either, and they'd vote Brown back in."

Lily smiled at him. "I knew there was a reason that I'm dating you," she teased. She reached up to kiss his cheek.

Scorpius smirked. "Because you love me," he joked as he wrapped an arm around her.

"Mr. Malfoy, Miss Potter, none of that," a passing governor warned.

Scorpius rolled his eyes and pulled his arm away, but Lily quickly looked at the governor. He was a little short, and he was bald.

"What's his name?" Lily asked quickly.

Scorpius shrugged. "No clue."

But Hugo looked at Lily. "Looks like we've found one of her supporters," he mumbled.

Lily and Hugo found themselves trying to figure out the name of the man. But it wasn't easy, because they couldn't find the man after breakfast, and Lily soon lost Hugo to his group. The library was open most of the day on Sundays, so they had wanted to take advantage of it and work on their topic. But Lily kept up their search, and as she was wandering the halls, she saw potential help.