Part 73: A job for a Weasley

"Are you sure the Uncle George is going to be in his shop tonight?" Hugo asked as he and Lily moved through the tunnel connecting the Shrieking Shack to Hogwarts. It was past midnight, and bed checks had been done long ago. Lily had snuck out to meet Hugo outside the castle, and they were now on their way to Hogsmeade.

"I sent him a letter the day after the four of us discussed everything. He'll be there," Lily assured.

"What if Aunt Angelina got the letter?" Hugo asked.

"Then there's only a possibility that we're screwed," Lily replied. "But if we explained it all to her, she might not kill us."

"Maybe she won't even be surprised. After all, she is the mother of Fred, and she did marry Uncle George," Hugo joked as they stepped out of the tunnel.

"Exactly," Lily replied as she opened the door, and stepped out into the warm night.

"Man, I miss coming out here during the day," Hugo muttered as they traveled along the field that the shack sat in.

"We'll get it back," Lily told him.

"Lil, what if the governors don't get re-picked. What if they win the hearing?" Hugo wondered.

"There's no way," Lily replied. "There's too much against some of them. Besides, it may be unfair, but I think Harry Potter and Hermione Weasley, famous war heroes, will have the Wizengamot's favor."

"Got a point. But what if the people that get picked don't like Brown either," Hugo suggested.

"I'm hoping to talk to my father before the board gets reorganized. I want to figure out how it works. Maybe we can work to get someone we trust on that board," Lily replied.

Hugo climbed over the gate and chuckled. "You know, I get the feeling that we're going to do a lot of politics this summer, and we don't even want to be politicians when we're older."

Lily grinned. "I plan on finishing this, and then fixing what I can with my parents," she retorted. "After this, I'm staying away from politics."

"Unless something wrong happens?"

"Unless something wrong happens."

The two walked along the road in silence. Most of the buildings were dark. Dim light was coming from The Hog's Head door. But then when they turned the corner, they both smiled to see the bright lights of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shining from all the way down the road. The two began to jog down to the shop. Hugo gave the door a light shove, and it opened easily.

"I have never been so happy to receive a letter than when I received yours," George laughed when the two teens walked in.

Lily smiled. "Hey there, Uncle George. How's it going?"

"Very well now. And I was excited to hear just the gist of your plan," George told her.

"Aunt Angelina didn't see the letter, did she?" Hugo asked.

"Nope, no one but me," George chuckled. "So, you need supplies, and I have the supplies you need. Shall we walk and grab what you need?"

"We'll need at least two Patented Daydreams, and about three Portable Swamps at the least," Lily told him.

"And some Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-bangs, of course," Hugo said with a chuckle.

"Does this plan include any Hogwarts staff? Any stalling?" George asked.

"A lot, actually," Lily told him as she grabbed a few Portable Swamps.

"Then you'll need some of these," George told them. Then he held out two boxes. "Skiving Snackboxes, and Ton-Tongue Toffees."