Part 108: Counting down time

The Burrow was loud and excited on this particular family gathering, was the first thing Lily noticed when she and Scorpius joined them all in the backyard. There was a large table that was practically filled to the brim with food. Chairs were all around, some filled with family members. But Lily could also see old family friends. She could see Aunt Luna and Uncle Rolf, Aunt Hannah, and the Finnigans, just to name a few.

Lily held Cecilia in her arms, offering to bring her with, giving the Chapmans a day without work, and without the hassle and hectic routine of a baby.

"Wow, little Lily holding a small blonde baby. How has the media not jumped on that!" George joked as he came to take a look at Cecilia.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Ha, ha. Uncle George, this is Cecilia."

George bent down a little to look at her eye to eye. "Well, you're cute enough to be a little heartbreaker," he continued to joke. He straightened up. "Vic brought her kids' playpen, so you can set her down there if you want. That's where the younger little ones are."

"Thanks," Lily mentioned, honestly thinking about it. The little girl was getting a bit heavy as she got bigger.

"Hey, Lil! Come here!" James called from where he sat.

Scorpius sighed. "Well, I'm going to go talk to Ron."

Lily nodded. "Ok." She walked over to where James was sitting, ignoring her exasperation at Scorpius's obvious attempts to avoid James. "Hey, James. Hurting?" Lily had picked up James's new habit of sitting whenever his back and legs were a little sore, which was often. But he never spoke about it.

Now, he just shrugged. "Eh, a little. Hand me," he said, motioning for Cecilia.

Lily set him down on his lap. James had really taken to the little girl, and Cecilia had taken to him as well. "So, you playing in the Quidditch game today?" Lily asked as she pulled another chair over.

James shook his head. "No, I'm not really up for it today. But Dad and uncle Ron found a way around that. Since Uncle Charlie didn't want to play either, we'll be coaches," he said with a small laugh.

"And Elizabeth?" Lily questioned.

James's grin became a bit proud. "We are now officially dating as of two days ago, when I asked her to be my girlfriend," he stated.

"Good for you," Lily said happily. "Did you bring her over today?"

He shook his head. "No, the team has practice today. I was able to not be there, but since she's an actual player, they needed her for sure today."

"Anyone missing today?" Lily asked as she looked around at the large gathering.

"Not that I've noticed," James told her. "Now that you and Malfoy have finally arrived, I'm surprised that Dad and Uncle Ron haven't started up the match."

"Well Scorpius went to talk to Uncle Ron, so I'm sure it won't be long," Lily assured. And it wasn't. Not long after, everyone had gathered around where James sat, mostly to allow him to keep sitting.

"Ok, Charlie and James are coaching, so they get to pick teams," Ron said with an excited face.

"What position first?" Charlie asked James.

James shrugged. "How about Keeper?"

Charlie nodded. "Ok. You pick first."

"All right, I've got Hugo," James picked.

"Then I'll take Ron," Charlie said. "Beater next."

"I want Marsha," James said, picking Stacy's sister.