Part 68: Perfect Ideas

Lily told Christian about the idea of putting news of their new group in the paper. He said he would tell Roxanne immediately. Later that day, he told her that Hugo had already brought it up to Roxanne, and that it would be in the morning's paper. That just left Lily waiting for Slughorn to deliver the list.

The morning the article came out, Lily began to read instead of making her plate. The article was in the gossip column, which was bigger than normal, and seemed to take center stage this time.

"The JB Study Group: Professor Brown's Legacy, by Secret Gossip

The temporarily replaced Professor Brown has indeed left his mark. Just before his removal, Professor Brown talked with four fifth year students, one from each House, hoping to set up a large study group for all students preparing to take their O.W.L.s this June, and to increase House unity. Sadly, he was replaced before its creation. But not wanting to let him down or waste a perfect idea, those four students have set up the JB Study Group. Most, if not all, of the fifth years are now a part of this group, and they plan to better their study habits, and ace their O.W.L. Exams. But can they do it?"

"Sounds good, doesn't it?" Christian asked.

Lily nodded. "It's perfect. It's obvious yet simple at the same time."

"Yeah. It was Roxanne's idea to use the gossip column. She said the writer would be perfect. I wish I knew who it was," Christian muttered.

"Well it turned out great," Lily assured.

"Hey, have you eaten yet?" Scorpius asked quickly as he came to stand beside her.

Lily looked at her empty plate. "Um, not really. Why?"

Scorpius's face looked impatient and eager. "Then eat something. I've got a surprise."

Lily raised a brow as she stood from the table. "I'm not overly hungry. What's up?"

Scorpius's eyes scanned the staff table of the Great Hall, then he took her hand and began to pull her along. "Just come with me," he mumbled. He pulled her out of the Great Hall, and then led her up the stairs. Lily waited for him to say something, but he was silent as he tugged her all the way up to the fourth floor.

Finally, Lily's curiosity was too much. "Scorpius, where are we going?"

"Just a moment," Scorpius told her. After they turned down another hallway, he stopped them. Lily examined the door in front of them. It looked like any other door, but Lily couldn't place what was behind it. "Here we are," he muttered.

"Which is where?" Lily questioned.

Scorpius gave her a quick smirk before opening the door. He let Lily walk in first, so she looked around.

It obviously wasn't a classroom, although there were some desks. A few the looked like they would belong to a professor, and some that looked like a student would use. There were empty bookshelves, dusty tables, and even an old-looking wardrobe.

Lily glanced back at Scorpius, who was whispering a spell on the now closed door. "You brought me to a practically empty storage room?"

Scorpius was still smirking as he turned to look at her. "I learned about this room yesterday, and I thought that it might be perfect."

Lily raised a brow. "Perfect for what?"

Scorpius looked a bit sheepish. "Well, I said we might steal away for a bit one day."

Lily looked around them. "So you brought me to an abandoned storage room?"

He shrugged as he walked past her. "I'll admit that it's not the most romantic place or idea. But it's something. At this point in Hell at Hogwarts, it's all I could think of." He turned to look at her. "It sucks doesn't it? We can forget it, if you want."