Part 111: The Potter siblings' secrets

"So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Ashley's about eight months along now, right?" Scorpius asked as he and Lily sat, waiting for the wedding ceremony of Albus and Ashley to begin, which would be any moment.

Lily nodded, holding one-year-old Cecilia in her lap. "Yeah, she is."

"So, why did they decide to have the wedding a month before the baby was born? Why not earlier?" Scorpius inquired with a bit of a confused scowl.

Not wanting to tell Albus's true story, and how it was the reason that both he and Ashley had pushed the wedding back out of hesitation, Lily just shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe because her hormones were so rampant a few months ago," she said vaguely.

Scorpius straightened out the hem of Cecilia's dress a little. "Oh but the hormones just seem like the best part of pregnancies," he muttered sarcastically.

Despite the overly pregnant bride, the simple ceremony was beautiful to Lily. It was short and sweet, which fit their secret situation. The attendance was small to their request, so it was mainly family and very close friends. But of course, there was a bit of media there that also stayed into the reception.

"You know, I sometimes wish Albus would actually tell me how worried he is about being a father so young," Rose commented at the reception. The two of them sat together at a table, enjoying a simple drink together.

"What do you mean?" Lily asked.

"Well with our jobs . . . kids can be difficult, especially right when you start. A lot of the men on my team worry about their kids, or wish they could see them more. And more women in our department don't have kids than ones that do. It can be difficult," Rose mentioned.

"Does that mean you don't plan on having kids?" Lily questioned.

"Well no, but I wouldn't right away. It wouldn't be practical for Lorcan and me. He always travels for the team, and who knows when I'll have to go out on missions. But Al . . . well I imagine it's hard for him, but he won't talk to me about it. I'm not used to that," she said with a bit of a dry chuckle.

"Use to being the comforting shoulder?" Lily teased lightly.

Rose nodded. "For him and Tyler. I mean, when Lucy told Tyler about her and Zack, he still talked to me and Al about it. But Al won't open up about this."

Lily looked over at her cousin, her curiosity too strong. "What did Tyler say about Lucy and Zack dating again?"

"Well, he didn't tell me what Lucy had said to him, but he told me how he felt. And while he said it hurt, he came to the decision that if this was going to make her happy, then he couldn't interfere. And to make things up to her, he was going to stay away. Take away any confusion out of the picture, and let Zack raise Colin as if he really were his son. Tyler plans to just act as an uncle, but secretly support him through Lucy," Rose explained. "I guess he's been giving her a piece of his salary to help pay and financially support Colin."

"That sounds . . . so unlike Tyler," Lily mumbled. It was way too . . . mature of him. Tyler had been fighting for Lucy all through the pregnancy, and apparently before that. So now he was actually conceding to Zack . . . for Lucy?

Even Rose nodded. "I know. Albus mentioned that too, and all Tyler said was that he had to stop making decisions for others, so he wasn't going to fight Lucy's decision. He was going to accept it, and make one that concerned only him, but helped her and his son."

"I wonder what they're going to do if Colin ever finds out," Lily said with a small sigh.

"I know. Unintentional big mouths run through some of the people in our family. Namely my father," Rose agreed. "I just hope for Colin's sake that he never hears about the truth of it all."