Part 32: Time's almost up

Lily sighed as she rummaged around through her clothes, trying to pick an outfit for Hogsmeade. She was supposed to meet Xavier in about thirty minutes. But she wasn't alone in her indecision. Lola and Izzy were both frantically trying to pick something to wear as well. Megan and Shannon were watching them with amusement.

"Maybe it's good that I don't have a date. I don't have to go through fifty outfits," Megan joked.

"Bite me," Lily shot back. She grabbed a pair of dark jeans, her studded belt, a black cutout shoulder top, and her studded bracelet. "Finally," she muttered to herself. She placed the clothes onto her bed, and pulled off the Falcons shirt she had on. She picked up the new shirt.

"Lily, can I ask you sort of a weird question?" Shannon asked.

"Go for it," Lily told her as she pulled the shirt over her head.

"What's your bra size?"

Lily turned her head to look at Shannon with confusion. "What? Why?" she pulled one arm through the shirt.

"Because you don't really have the body of a thirteen-year-old," Megan said dryly.

"More like fourteen," Shannon added.

Lily scoffed. "Not really."

"No, she has a point," Lola agreed. "It's probably that change that you don't seem to understand."

"What are you saying?" Lily demanded in confusion.

"She's saying that your boobs are bigger than anyone in our year, and you're up to par with girls in the fourth year," Megan replied.

Unable to help it, Lily glanced down at her chest. She wasn't that . . . developed. At least, she didn't think she was. Then again, her mum had taken her shopping for a few bras over the summer, and she'd apparently gone up a few sizes. But Lily's last bras had been way too small, and she'd had them for a few years, so surely she'd just grown into the body of a thirteen-year-old. Lily shook her head, her thoughts giving her a bit of a headache.

"It's not that noticeable," Lily muttered.

"Yeah it is," Shannon teased.

"No, it's not," Lily argued.

"Yeah, it is," Izzy told her.

"Prove me wrong," Shannon challenged. "What's your bra size?"

Lily sighed. "I don't remember."

"How do you not remember?" Megan questioned.

Lily shrugged as she pulled on her jeans. "I just never pay attention. I find one that fits, grab a few others like it, and that's it."

Megan walked over to Lily's clothes and dug through them. She pulled out one of Lily's bras. "She wears . . . a 36B. Seriously?"

"I'm still wearing an A cup," Shannon told her.

Lily took the bra from Megan's hands and threw it back into her dresser. "Was there a point to that?" she asked.

Megan grinned. "Nothing more than to prove you wrong." Then she flitted back over to her bed, waiting.

Lily rolled her eyes. "So what? It's not that much bigger."

"I'm still wearing an A, too," Izzy added.

"How about you, Lola?" Megan asked.

Lily was pulling her belt through the loops of her jeans when she looked over at Lola, who wasn't looking at any of them.

"Lola?" Shannon inquired.

Lola sent Lily an apologetic look. "I'm still an A."

"And so am I," Megan said with an even bigger grin. "So, Lily's body isn't like the average third year."