Part 12: Win, or Die trying

When Lily and Scorpius finally found their way back to the Potter house, Lily could hear that James was home. And she could also hear that he wasn't alone. 

"It seems we've been joined by a few more lions," Lily murmured to Scorpius. 

Scorpius smirked. "This should be an interesting evening then." Then he took a sniff of the air. "What's that smell?" 

Lily took in a breath. Instantly, she could smell her mother's cooking. A mouth-watering smell. "My mum is making dinner." 

"Well, shall we venture into the kitchen? You can show me any Muggle devices in there?" Scorpius suggested. 

Lily grinned. "Why not." She took his wrist and led him to the kitchen. Sure enough, her mother was directing the kitchen with a few wand movements. She smiled at them.

"It's about time you two got back. Dinner will be done soon," Ginny told them. 

Scorpius gave a smile. "Hello, Mrs. Potter. Have a nice day so far?"

 Ginny smiled at his manners. "It's been pretty good. And yours?" 

His smile turned into a smirk once again. "It's been fun. I've been drilling your daughter for any and every bit of information about Muggle things." 

Lily rolled her eyes. "Yes, any little thing." 

Ginny chuckled. "Well considering how often she hangs around her grandfather, Lily would be the perfect one to ask about Muggles." 

Scorpius looked at her with a raised brow. 

Lily just shrugged. "What can I say? He's one of the greatest guys alive." 

"I hope you're talking about me." Lily turned to see her father come into the kitchen. 

Lily smiled. "Of course, Daddy." 

Harry smiled. "How's your day been, princess?" he asked, kissing the top of her head. 

"Fine," she answered simply. Then her father moved and kissed her mother. That never bothered Lily . . . until it got to be a bit much. "Hey, people are in the room." 

Harry looked back at her, and Ginny just laughed as she continued with dinner. "Ha, ha." Then he seemed to notice Scorpius. 

"So, this must be Scorpius, the youngwith us. It's nice to meet you." 

Scorpius gave him a nod. "Right back at ya, Mr. P. How was work?" 

Harry took a seat at the table as well. "Same as always. Full of paperwork." There was a loud bang from up above, and then loud laughs. "Who all is here?" 

"James brought home a few friends. And Tyler came over too," Ginny listed. 

Scorpius looked toward Lily. "Tyler Creevey?" 

Lily nodded. "Al's best friend. He comes over every so often." 

"Your house always full of kids?" Scorpius asked with a laugh. 

Lily grinned. "Pretty much. You should come to my grandparents' house during the holidays. There's barely enough room to breathe." 

He smirked. "Well then, perhaps I should see that sometime." 

"So, who did James bring over?" Harry asked. 

"Kyle and Eric. They met up at George's," Ginny explained. 

Lily tried not to grimace. Kyle Matlock and Eric Kirke were friends of James that Lily didn't really like when she and James got along. Tyler Creevey was ok, but Tyler was a faithful friend, so if Albus was on bad terms with someone, Tyler stayed away from them. And that included Lily.