Part 26: The close to perfect first date

Lily tried to push away the panic and nerves she felt creeping into her skin. It was almost noon, which meant that it was almost time for her to leave to Hogsmeade for the students' second trip. Which meant that it was almost time for her and Lysander's date. She was looking at herself in the mirror. She had chosen one of her own black skirts, one that she found much prettier than the uniform's. She had also picked out a pretty shirt that's color was a light purple. She had chosen to keep her hair down, but put in the color changing headband that Scorpius had given her a few years ago. Her bangs swept across her forehead and the tips stopped near her right ear.

"Hey, are you almost ready?"

Lily jumped, a little startled. She looked at the door to see Lola stepping in. Lily sighed and sat on the bed to put on her shoes. "Just my shoes," Lily told her.

"It's a bit windy, so I'd bring a jacket," Lola suggested as she grabbed her own grey jacket.

"Thanks for the tip," Lily said.

Lola sat next to Lily. "So are you excited?" she asked with an eager smile.

Lily gave a small smile. "That and a little nervous," Lily admitted.

Lola rolled her eyes. "Don't be. You look great, and Lysander likes you. Just relax. I'm sure you two will have fun," Lola assured.

Lily let out a small breath. "Yeah. You're right."

Lola smiled. "Now, come on. Let's go"

The two girls got up and left the room, pulling on their jackets as they walked. Lily looked toward Lola as she stuffed her hands into her pocket. "So, what are you doing today?" she'd failed to ask this over the past few weeks.

"The rest of us girls are going shopping at Gladrag's Wizardwear," she replied. "We've decided to ditch the boys and actually have a fun time."

Lily laughed with her. "Sorry I won't be there."

"Don't be," Lola told her. "You are going on a date with a very cute boy. I'd take your plans over mine anytime." The girls laughed again.

"Hey, Lil, dirty, wait up!"

Lola groaned, but the two girls stopped as Jace ran to catch up with them. "Hey," he greeted once he was next to them. They began to walk again, exiting the castle.

"Hey," Lily said with a smile.

"Was there a reason you stopped us?" Lola asked dryly.

Jace just shrugged. "I just decided that I wanted to walk with you and everyone's favorite girl. I'm meeting a few others at The Three Broomsticks," he told them.

Lola looked at Lily. "Where are you and Lysander meeting?"

"Honeydukes," Lily said with a small sigh. "I'm not sure where we're going after that."

"Maybe he'll take you to Madam Puttifoot's," Jace teased.

Lola thumped Jace on the shoulder, which then started an argument. Lily just ignored it. She actually sort of hoped that Lysander wouldn't take her there. She'd heard stories from her parents, and the place sounded a bit like a pink nightmare. She'd rather go anywhere but Madam Puttifoot's.

"Why can't you be smart for once?" Lola hissed at Jace, the argument breaking into Lily's head finally.

"Why can't you wash your hair?" Jace snapped back.

"You are so infuriating!" Lola exclaimed. "I'll see you later, Lily. Tell me about your date." Then Lola stomped off and away from the two, entering one of the shops.