Part 55: Blacking out the guilt

When November came, it was swift. Instead of dragging out the time until the match against Gryffindor and Slytherin, Lily found it swooping down on them faster and faster. Not that she minded. Lately she had other things on her mind.

Jace was still avoiding them. Well, not really them. He was avoiding Lola. Whenever Lily was away from Lola, he was happy to be around. But he was still tightlipped about what she had done to piss him off. And according to Lola, she didn't know and she didn't care. Lola was content to spend any time away from Lily with Hugo. In fact, Lily found that Hugo and Lola were almost inseparable. But then again, she and Scorpius had spent a lot of time together at the start of their relationship too.

Another thing was that Hugo was spending more and more time in the Slytherin common room. That wasn't what had Lily worried. It was that she got the feeling that he was being turned into an outcast by Albus and Rose. Hugo never mentioned it, but that was what had Lily thinking. Hugo rarely spoke about Rose or Albus when they were grilling him. And Lily was sure that they were behind him staying out his own common room.

Brunt and her group of hostile governors were also causing more trouble. Brunt had taken Williams's place, and was now sitting in on every Potion lesson that Lily taught. She shadowed Lily each time she moved to help someone. And thanks to a 'necessary' observation, the Hogsmeade visit that they planned for the last weekend of October. The only result was a bunch of pissed off students.

And she had yet to get a response back from Draco about the letter she'd sent to him. It almost made her nervous. And then . . . there was Scorpius.

Now that Lily and Scorpius had both admitted that they loved each other, Lily found mind coming to one subject. Sex. Now that she knew she loved Scorpius, sex was the only other "milestone" for them to hit. Lily always thought that when she loved a guy, she'd be ready . . . but that had been wrong. She still wasn't sure if she was ready for that.

"So, you found out what's up with Jace yet?" Scorpius asked as he and Lily sat on the couch in the common room. "It feels kinda weird without him around as much."

Lily shrugged. "No clue. Something to do with Lola though," she sighed as she glanced over at her best friend, who at that moment was sitting on the lap of her cousin, their lips connected.

"I'm sure it'll blow over soon," Scorpius assured her.

"Hopefully it ends by the match next week. Last thing we need is a downer at our victory party," Lily joked lightly.

"Is Hugo coming to that, by the way?" Scorpius asked he began to play with a strand of her hair.

Lily nodded. "Yeah. As he claimed 'anytime Rose or Albus get beaten is a time for a party.'" Then Lily smiled. "Besides, I don't think Lola would let him skip the party."

"I doubt he'd skip a party she'd be at anyways," Scorpius laughed.

"Ok, I have a question!" The couple turned their heads as Lana came to sit on a chair next to the couch. She looked at them seriously. "Is it wrong to take the virginity of a guy that you know you'll never love?"

Scorpius groaned. "I don't want to hear about my sister's sex life, Lana!" he complained.

Lily ignored him. "Is Justin wanting to?"

Lana sighed as she nodded. "Yeah, he does. And I was ok with it until I found out that he was a virgin, and until Rex joked about how Justin has been saving it for the one he was 'madly in love with.' So, would it be wrong of me?"

"Can I leave?" Scorpius asked.

"Well you have two options," Lily told Lana. "You could tell him that you don't think you two should, although if not handled correctly, it could lead to a breakup. Or you can have sex with him, assuming that he's ok either with the fact that you aren't in love with him, or on the basis that he wants to have sex with the girl he loves, even if she doesn't love him. Either way, you've gotta talk to him."