Part 38: Enough is Enough

Lily boarded the Hogwarts Express with a bit of boredom. She was excited for the new school year, but the ride was always a bit of a snore.

"In here, Lil!" Jace called from a compartment. He grabbed her things and began to put them in the overhead compartment. Christian, Lola, and Shannon were there too. Lily was a bit surprised when she caught sight of Lola. She had finally dyed her hair a complete blonde color, so it was no longer a mix of brown and blonde. It was a good look for her in Lily's eyes.

"Hey, guys," Lily greeted. She sat next to Jace, across from the other three. "Where is Izzy? I thought she'd be with you?" she asked Jace.

"Oh, we broke up a couple of weeks ago. It was for the best," Jace told her.

"Oh. That sucks," Lily said with a sigh.

"Not really. We work better as friends," he assured.

"How are you and Lysander?" Lola teased.

"You're back with him?" Christian asked with surprise.

Lily nodded. "Yeah, we're giving it another go. How about you and Rex, Lola?"

Lola beamed happily. "Rex and I are just fine. I met his family the other day."

"How was that?" Jace asked with a laugh.

Lola shrugged. "It was nice. His brother's a prick though."

"No duh. He was like that in our first year," Christian muttered.

"Um, hey." They all turned to see Lysander stepping into the compartment.

Lily smiled broadly at his appearance. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

Lysander shrugged. "Well, I just thought I'd see if you wouldn't mind me sitting with you?" he asked politely.

Lily shook her head, stood up, grabbed his hand, and pulled him down to sit next to her on one of the seats. "No. You need to meet the others anyways. This is, Christian, Lola, Shannon, and Jace," she introduced. This was one of the problems last time. Now she just had to meet his.

Lysander smiled. "Hi. It's nice to meet you," he greeted.

"Same here. Lily says nothing but good things about you," Lola assured.

"Even after last Halloween," Jace told him. Lola kicked him in the leg. "Ow!"

Lysander chuckled, and with his free hand, he rubbed the back of his neck. "It's ok," he assured. "And same here about you guys, although she does say that and you and Jace get a bit annoying when you fight."

Jace shrugged. "Yeah, well I don't care that you dyed your hair, I'm still callin' ya dirty," he warned.

"Well at least I won't be lying when I call you big ears," Lola said with a glare.

"Children," Shannon said with a bored sigh as she reached up to her bag. "Let's be adults," she told them. She pulled something out of her bag. "You know, Lil, I think this one is my favorite."

Lily looked at her with confusion, until Shannon held out the Witch Weekly from a few months ago. On the cover she was smiling, her eye lashes batting, as she laid along the couch in the Malfoy home in Ireland. Lily smiled. "Thanks."

"You look good in all the pics you've done so far, Lil," Christian added. "My mum has subscriptions to like every magazine you could imagine, so I've seen all of them. You're like a star in my house now."

Lily laughed. "Wow. That's kind of surreal."

"My sister practically worships you now," Lola agreed.

"And my mum says that you're one of the best models that Mrs. Malfoy has had," Jace told her.