Part 94: The impossible

When Lily awoke the next morning, she felt like jumping from the bed and taking a stroll by the lake. It made her smile. She had been so tired for so long now . . . she hadn't felt this refreshed in a long time! Her head was clear, there was no tension in her body, and no underlying fear in her heart. Because her instincts, her mind, and her heart, were telling her that everything was right at Hogwarts. Things were as they should be.

"Lily, are you awake?"

Lily blinked as she sat up, to see her mother and father approaching her. Then she noticed that she was still in the Hospital Wing. She almost laughed. Had she been so tired that she'd fallen asleep in here?

Ginny smiled at her daughter, as she began to try and tame her daughter's hair. "How are you feeling, Lily?"

Lily smiled. "Great, actually. Never better."

"Well you look a lot better," Harry replied.

Lily looked, and saw that Stacy's parents were still sitting by her bed, and Stacy seemed to still be asleep. And on the bed next to Stacy's, Hugo was sitting at the edge, his hair mussed, and he had obviously just woken up. His father was gone, but his mother stood there talking to him.

"Where's Uncle Ron?" Lily inquired.

"He and the other Aurors are talking with a few other students. They'll be back to talk to Hugo, now that he's up," Harry answered.

"And Stacy?" Lily asked.

"Well, she woke up about an hour after you and Hugo fell asleep. We offered to let her sleep, and just talk to her later, but she insisted on telling us all right then. So we've got her entire story," Harry assured.

Lily ran a hand over her hair, and could easily tell that her mother was probably fighting a losing battle in trying to tame it. "It's not good, is it?"

Harry sighed. "It's not pretty. But she's ok, and she's sure that she'll be ok. She was actually a little more worried about Hugo's nose, and wanted to make sure it'd been fixed," he chuckled.

Lily smiled softly and shook her head. "As long as they're both ok," she replied. But then she noticed her aunt Hermione approaching. "Good morning," Lily greeted.

Hermione smiled. "Good morning, Lily. Hugo's wondering if you'd talk to him?"

Lily glanced at her cousin across the room, who was looking over at Stacy's bed. She nodded as she kicked off the blanket from her legs, and got off the bed. "Yeah. Of course," she replied, and then began to make her way over to him. Again, she felt so awake, so alert, and felt so fantastic. When she pulled herself up to sit next to Hugo, she looked at Stacy too, who looked much better, and peaceful in her sleep. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," Hugo greeted back. Then he looked at her. "Are we ok?"

Lily looked at him, and smiled. "Are we?"

Hugo chuckled. "I think we are."

Lily held out her hand. "Then we agree."

Hugo shook her hand. "Sounds good."

The slam of the door made everyone jump, and both Lily and Hugo turned their heads to see that it was Lola who had hurried in, with Jace following behind her. Lily and Hugo got off the edge of the bed, and met them halfway. But before Lily could warn them that Stacy was asleep, Lola had practically attacked her with a hug.

"Oh, Lily, I'm so sorry!" Lola cried. "I don't know why I got so mad! And I'm sorry! And I'm so sorry that you got hurt! Are you ok?"

Lily blinked as everything Lola said slammed into her. Jace put his hands on his girlfriend's shoulders, and brought her back from the hug. "Chill, Lola," he said with a small and quiet chuckle.