Part 117:Old life and new life

"It's going to be great!" James exclaimed happily as he leaned his back against the counter of the kitchen in the Potter children's childhood home. They had all come to a family dinner, and now the three of them were alone in the kitchen, although Mitchell and Severus made a habit of running through the kitchen with their game.

Mitchell was now two, and was adorable in Lily's eyes. He and Severus were getting along great as cousins, and always played together during these dinners. He was walking and running, and although he was better with talking, he was still sometimes lazy, and wouldn't actually talk, but just do motions for what he wanted.

James and Elizabeth had gotten married about five or six months ago, and were now expecting their first child, which was what James was so excited about. Elizabeth had earlier gone from playing Quidditch to commentating, so it was perfect timing for them. It was all James talked about at times, which Lily and Albus both found a bit amusing, as new parents themselves.

"It's going to be great having a son of my own!" James said with a big smile. "I mean, you two love it, right?"

"I don't love it just because Mitchell turned out to be a boy," Lily retorted with a grin.

"No, I'm with you, James," Albus agreed. "It's nice having a son."

"I mean, all the things I'll get to teach him, and all the things we'll do!" James said with a wistful smile.

"What if it's a girl?" Lily pointed out.

James scoffed. "It won't. Remember, we're Weasleys. Boys are what our genes are famous for," he reminded. "That's why you always said Mitchell was going to be a boy."

"Yeah, but that's also because there's almost never been a female born into the Malfoy line," Lily countered. "So it was the combination of both of our families. There have been plenty of girls in Elizabeth's family."

James just waved her comment off. "It'll be a boy. I've got the gut feeling that it is, so it will be."

"Did your gut say that you would get hit in a match that crippled you for life?" Lily mocked.

James rolled his eyes. "Ha, ha. Make fun of the future father with a limp. That's mature."

It was then that Lily's muggle phone began to ring a bit loudly, startling all of them. Lily hurried to answer it. "Hello, Brandon," she greeted with a sigh.

"Lily!" Brandon greeted happily, although Lily could hear noise from the background on the other side. A few months ago, Lily had finally decided to go back to modeling again, much to Brandon's delight. "I set up that deal, so next Friday's plan is for sure going to happen," Brandon stated.

"Ok, that's fine," Lily said.

But then there was a loud rustle, and muted voices on Brandon's end. But then a new voice came over the phone. "Lily?" Lana's voice greeted.

"Oh, hey, Lana. What are you doing there?" Lily inquired.

"I'm working on the photo shoot that Brandon's at now," Lana mentioned dismissively. "Anyways, I have a question for you. What are you doing tomorrow?"

Lily thought about it. "Nothing. Why?"

"How about a play date? Ali has been asking about playing with Mitchell again," Lana asked.

Lily smiled. With them being born so close together in time, Mitchell and Lana's daughter, Alana, were probably the best of friends. Lily just hoped that they didn't turn out like their parents. After all, Scorpius and Lana still picked on each other. "Sure, that sounds fine. I'll have Cecilia there too, so I'm sure she'd love to have another girl there," she joked.