Part 17: Boys are gross! Right?

Lily yawned, her eyes drooping as she laid face down on the couch at the Burrow. This was it. The day Lily had been waiting to pass. Teddy and Victoire's wedding.come, and Lily couldn't have been more thankful. She was tired of listening to wedding plans, and now that the day had come, all that was left was fussing over theactual ceremony, and then the reception. Then it would all be over. 

The adults were setting the last few things up in the backyard. Her aunt Fleur's parents had arrived, along with her sister's family. Lily didn't talk to her distant cousin because they rarely spoke English, and Lily knew very little French. But they were all pretty, the veela genes in them prominent, although Lily thought that they couldn't hold a candle to Victoire, Dominique, or Louis. 

Lily sighed. She knew that soon her mum would usher her upstairs with the rest of the girls so that they could all change, and then they would fix her up. After all,part of the ceremony, she had to be 'presentable' as her mother had said. The guests were expected to arrive in a few hours, and the boys would be seating them.better friends were coming. She'd received letters from each of them, as did Teddy. Jace had written that he was glad to be out of the house. Apparently he thoughonly child was dreadfully boring. 

"Tired, Little L?" 

Lily turned her head so that she could see her uncle Charlie sitting in the chair across from her. 

"Dead tired. Aren't you supposed to help set things up outside?" Lily asked, trying to suppress another oncoming yawn. She failed. 

"We're practically done. The others are just fixing up a few things. Also, it's a bit hot outside, and I wanted to get out of the heat," he explained. "Thankfully it's supby the time the reception starts." 

Lily closed her eyes and rolled onto her back. "Yeah, if I'm wearing gold, I'd rather not die in it."She heard him give a laugh. 

"You don't like gold?" 

"I'm not its biggest fan," she admitted. "But Victoire likes it, and it's her wedding." 

"Oh, you are a saint, Little L," Charlie complimented. 

Lily almost scoffed aloud. She was no where near a saint. 

"Lily? Come on, you girls need to get ready," she heard her mother call from upstairs.Lily bit her lip to keep from groaning out loud. She opened her eyes and looked at her uncle, who was grinning broadly. 

"Well, good luck, Little L."Lily sighed as she slowly got up from the couch. "Yeah, thanks." She left the living room and trudged up the stairs, not at all enthusiastic about getting ready. She felt like she was on her way to Azkaban. But as she made her way to her uncle Percy's old room, where the three girls were supposed to change, she saw Teddy making his way down the hall.

"Hey, sis, you're wearing a different dress today," he commented. 

Lily looked at him, hoping rising inside her. "Really? Why?" 

"Well, Vic and I decided to go with a different dress design. Something more you," Teddy told her. And then he ruffled her hair as he stood next to her. "So, go get dressed so your mum and aunts can torture you with all kinds of hair and makeup devices." 

Then he continued to make his way down the hall. 

Lily rolled her eyes at her retreating brother's back, but she turned into her uncle's room. Rose and Dominique were already in there, each unzipping the bag with tThey both looked up at Lily's entrance. Rose said nothing and looked back down at her own dress. 

But Dominique spoke."Your dress is hanging in the closet still. The shoes are in the box" 

"Thanks," Lily said quietly. There was a tension in the room, and she felt that something would snap if she spoke too loud. She moved over to the closet and pulledShe dropped in onto the bed, and unzipped it. She was shocked by what she saw.Inside was a vibrant green, thin strapped dress made of a silky material. There was a silvery sash near the waist, and the skirt looked as if it would simply fall around probably ending near her knees. When Lily opened the box, she found small heels, also an emerald green color. The dress had attracted the attention of the other girls.