Part 33: New member to the Weasley clan

Lily groaned lightly as her pillow shifted. Then her eyes snapped open. Her pillow moved? She lifted her head to see that her 'pillow' had been Louis's shoulder. No wonder it had been so uncomfortable. Lily sat up straight in the chair she was in, stretching her arms and back. They'd all been at the hospital for hours, waiting for Victoire to have the baby. Most of them had fallen asleep, but as Lily blinked the sleep from her eyes, she could see some of the adults up and walking about, probably stretching their legs out a bit.

"Morning, sweetheart." Lily turned her head to see that her mum was occupying the seat next to her.

Lily yawned. "What time is it?"

"Almost six in the morning," Ginny answered with a sigh.

Lily groaned. "Merlin! How long is this going to take?"

Ginny laughed. "It can take awhile. Pushing a human being out of your body isn't exactly easy."

Lily tried not to cringe at the mental image her mum stuck in her head. "Ew."

Ginny laughed a little again. "So, what's with the new outfit?"

Lily's shoulders tensed. "Just a change. Why?"

"Well, I can't help but notice that this change seemed to happen around a time where you seem to be angry at your father," Ginny commented.

Lily hated how her mother could be perceptive. "Yeah, so?"

"So you are doing this just to get back at your father?" Ginny assumed.

"At first, yeah. But I do like it," Lily told her firmly.

"Hmm. Well, I'm not saying that I hate it, but I would like if you'd tone it down just a bit. Then perhaps I won't have to listen to your father complain about it," Ginny requested.

"If he has a problem, he can tell me. He had no problem blaming me for the fights with the boys," Lily hissed.

"Your dad does not blame you."

"Were you in the room when we talked?" Lily snapped.

"The snappy attitude you've gained isn't cute," Ginny said sternly.

"Same attitude as always," Lily replied. "Not my fault you don't like it."

"Lily Luna Potter, what is going on with you lately?" Ginny demanded.

Lily bit back a sneer as her nerves churned in fury. "Nothing!" she hissed quietly. "I apologize for growing up, but there's nothing going on with me!"

"Really? So getting into fights is common for you? Talking back in class is normal, because a letter was given to me by the desk, and it was from your professor?" Ginny listed.

"It's not my fault Professor Creevey has a superior attitude!" Lily muttered.

"I don't think his attitude is the problem," Ginny stated.

Lily let out an irritated sigh. "Fine! You win, Mum! I'm a bad kid, and a terrible person! Happy?"

"You're not a bad kid, Lily," Ginny argued. "I just don't get why you're acting this way lately."

"I've always been this way, Mum!" Lily retorted. "It's just me! It's my personality! And if you think that the way I'm acting is bad, then you think I'm a bad kid. How I act is how I am!" Lily stood from her seat and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Ginny demanded.

"To go to the restroom," Lily snapped back. She pushed the bathroom door opened and walked to the mirror. Her hair was a mess, so she fixed her ponytail. She turned on the cold water, splashing some on her face to wake her up a bit. She felt her nerves twitch as she tried to settle her anger. She knew her mother wouldn't be any help. She hadn't been since Lily became a Slytherin. Sure, she supported her, but she did nothing when James and Albus tried to back her into a corner.