Part 42: A Selfish-Princess

Lily bit her lip as she paced along the corridor. They had all been back at Hogwarts for almost a week now, and Lily was a bit frustrated. And this time it wasn't just how James liked everyone but Slytherins, but also with Lysander. She hated to admit it, but his gentleman tendencies were really getting on her nerves. Through the entire break, he refused to kiss her longer than a few seconds. When she had called him out on it, he claimed that he didn't think the men in her family would take to kindly to her and Lysander being attached at the lips. Lily had been skeptical, but after seeing her uncles' reactions to when Mitch simply kissed Dominique goodnight, she reluctantly agreed.

So now she was standing in the hall of the Ravenclaw Tower, waiting for Lysander to come out. She'd sent him a note at lunch telling him to meet her outside of his common room. She had a plan. She was getting a bit tired of never being alone with her boyfriend. Someone was always around. One of her friends, or other students, teachers, or sometimes one of his friends. It was never pleasant around one of his friends. They all glared at her. Well, Clayton never did, but Lily still felt a bit awkward about their kiss. She still felt like horrible whenever Lysander would comment on how he loves that his best friend likes his girlfriend. It made her stomach lurch.

But that was over now. She was going to be alone with him, and there wouldn't be an interruption. And there wouldn't be any reason for him to act so much like a gentleman. It would be just him, herself, and most definitely their lips.

The eagle door to the Ravenclaw common room opened, and Lily smiled when she saw Lysander's smiling face walking out. He looked casual, or as casual as Lysander got at school. He wore his button-up school shirt, and a pair of denim pants. Compared to Lily's outfit of a black and green skirt with a black band T-shirt, he looked out of place. But Lily liked that Lysander had his own choice of style . . . even if it was a bit stale.

"Hello," he greeted with a low murmur. "I was told that you and I had an urgent meeting?"

Lily giggled and took his hand. "Yep. Come on." She began to pull him along.

"Where are we going?" Lysander asked curiously.

"Shh," Lily hushed with another giggle. "It's a surprise." She pulled him down a couple of stairs, and then to an empty hallway. There were only a couple of doors down this corridor, and some were fake. But Lily placed her other hand on the wall, and ran it across the brick as she pulled Lysander along. Finally, after a couple of steps, Lily's hand sank into the wall. She looked at it. She still saw brick, but her hand was gone. "In here!" she urged.

"What the-," she heard him mutter as she pulled him through the brick illusion. They were now in a dim and short hideaway. There was no other way out than the way they came as far as Lily knew. And as far as she knew, not many other people knew about this little alcove.

She giggled when she saw his confused face. "It's a secret alcove," she explained. "I thought it would be the perfect place."

Lysander still looked confused. "Perfect place for what?" he asked quietly.

Lily grinned. "This," she whispered. Then without another word, Lily placed her hands on his cheeks, and pulled his face closer to her. She sought out his lips with her own, and kissed him passionately. Ever since that kiss with Clayton, Lily had been trying to create that passion between her and Lysander. So far, it was a no go. But Lily was a firm believer that it was because they hardly kissed.

She could feel Lysander's surprise through his lips. His hands took hold of her arms as he pulled his lips away. "What are you doing?" he exclaimed quietly.

Lily raised a brow. "I'm kissing you?"

Lysander shifted on his feet. "Lily, we're in school. Anyone could walk by," he told her.