Part 95: The changes of growing up

King's Cross was crowded with families and friends greeting and hugging the students coming off the train. After saying goodbye to their friends, Lily walked with Hugo to find their parents.

"Man, it seems weird to think that it'll only be our parents," Hugo mentioned. "Aunt Audrey won't be here to get Lucy. Uncle George and Aunt Angelina won't be here, nor Aunt Fleur and Uncle Bill. Seems weird."

Lily nodded. "We're the last two of the Weasley clan at school," she sighed.

"Scor coming?" Hugo inquired.

"No. He's coming over tonight," Lily replied. "He's still got training."

"Dad said he'd have his replacement take over for him at the training session today," Hugo commented. "He said he'd be here to come see me."

"You gunna tell him and your mum about the plan to be a hit wizard?" Lily inquired.

Hugo adjusted his hat. "I don't know. Dinner tonight at the earliest. I'm not sure how they'll react, so I'm not sure if I want to give it time."

"It is a dangerous job," Lily agreed.

Hugo scoffed. "They don't even train as long as Aurors. About a year, and then you're out on the field."

"My dad says that every hit wizard has his own bed at St. Mungo's," Lily told him. "I think that enough shows how dangerous it can be."

"Speaking of your dad. I see the family," Hugo said, pointing to the left, where Lily could see them through a slight break in the crowd.

Lily ran a hand through her hair as they began to walk. "Anyway, you should tell them."

Hugo sighed a bit heavily. "Yeah, probably. I'm just thinking of when Rose finally told our parents that she was going to be an Auror. I didn't hear the initial talk, but for like a week after, both parents were tense."

"Better get it over with now, instead of dragging it out," Lily replied. "And I'm not saying for you to just spring it on them. Just kind of . . . ease into, you could say."

"Well . . . I'll see if that's possible for tonight. You never know. Rose might decide to pop in for dinner," he mumbled.

Lily gave a nod. "Ok. But smile," she suggested. Then she smiled herself. "Hey, guys!" she greeted their parents.

Lily shifted through the books in her bookshelf, along with her textbooks from the last year that she had stacked on the floor. She was beginning to run out of room in her bookshelf, and she needed to figure out what to take over and put in her bookshelf at Malfoy Manor.

"Looks like you've got one too many books there, princess," she heard her father joke from behind her.

Lily turned her head to see him standing by her door, watching. Then she looked back to the two books in her hands. "I know. I'm trying to figure out what I want to stay here, and what I need to take to Malfoy Manor."

She could hear him walking further into her room. "I didn't even know you had so many books," he teased.

Lily smiled. "Well, most are potion books. I might just copy down each potion and compile it into one book. Then I can just box up some of these books."

"Sounds like a reasonable idea," Harry said with a sigh.

Lily turned again to see that her father was sitting on her bed, looking at her. She raised a brow. "I'm sorry, did you need something?"

Harry grinned. "Do I need something in order to come and speak with my daughter?"

Lily laughed as she put one of the books down in a new pile on her floor. "No, but I've just got the feeling that you want to talk about something."