Part 114:Dealings with pregnancies

"I am so tired of being pregnant!" Lily complained. And it was only a little past the fourth month. What had previously just been a small baby bump had grown considerably. And along with still puking most mornings, Lily now craved food just as much, if not more than normal. Plus . . . well she'd never say it out loud, but she was always pretty moody.

Her current reason for the bad mood was The Daily Prophet's headline for the day. "Malfoy Heir Residing in Womb of Potter Princess: What Do You Think?" It was an article of Rita Skeeter's. And while she'd been extremely helpful to Lily before, Lily had known then not to trust her, and she was right. This particular article was basically just "anonymous" interviews from fans of Skeeter, and were all thrown together to draw readers into the so called "mystery" of her pregnancy.

Brandon just sighed as he looked at the article himself. When Scorpius did go to work, Brandon had a habit of coming in to check on Lily. And she was sure that Scorpius had put him up to it. "Don't let it get to you, Lil. Just be calm," he replied.

"It's so hard to stay calm though!" Lily snapped. Honestly, she'd been in a foul mood all day. It had just been one of those mornings. She'd woken up, and just knew that today was not going to be good.

The door opened, and Scorpius walked in, home a little early. "Oh, hey, Brandon," he greeted with a heavy sigh as he kicked off his shoes.

Brandon sighed too as he put the paper down and got up. "Hey, Scor. I'll see you around, but I should probably get back home and check to see if I got any messages." Then he whispered something to Scorpius, who nodded. "Later," he said before closing the door.

Lily glared at where her husband stood, unbuttoning the shirt he wore. "What did Brandon just say?" she demanded.

Scorpius faked an innocent look. "Oh, just saying he'd be here tomorrow. Anyways, how was your day?"

Lily held out the paper to him. "Take a guess!"

Scorpius sighed as he slipped the shirt off, leaving him in a white muscle shirt, baring his arms. He took the paper and began to read the article. Then he looked at her. "What's the problem?" he asked.

Lily stood and looked at him in disbelief. "What's the problem? Did you really read that article and just ask me that?"

Scorpius shrugged. "I didn't think these things bothered you. I mean, you were usually always worried that they bothered me."

"Of course they bother me!" Lily snapped. "How could it not?"

Scorpius shook his head and sighed. "Just relax, babe. It's probably just the hormones," he said as he walked away from the table.

An anger of new heights rushed into her. "What did you just say to me, Scorpius Malfoy?" she hissed with a glare.

Her anger rose even more when he rolled his eyes. "I said that you're being a little hormonal. Just relax, ok?"

"Don't you dare call me hormonal!" Lily yelled at him, storming after him.

Scorpius was still too calm as he stepped into the bedroom, throwing the shirt into the hamper. "You need to just relax!" he groaned.

"I am pregnant with your child, Scorpius Malfoy. Which means my hormones are your fault! So don't tell me to relax!" Lily snapped, her anger still uncontrollable.

Scorpius shook his head. "Look, I'm tired. I'm not dealing with this right now." Then he turned as if to walk to the bathroom.

But his attitude had brought a whole kind of new anger to Lily. She felt her body heaving with angry breaths, and her muscles seemed to tense. Maybe that was why she wanted to throw something at him. And maybe because the book was the closest thing to her was why she tossed it at him from where she stood. In all her life, Lily had never had to worry about aim. She was a Seeker. Not a Chaser or a Beater. So she was a bit surprised when the book connected with the back of his head.