Part 84: Too mature for 16

Lily knew she was awake, but her eyelids felt too heavy to open, and her body felt like lead. Not to mention how much pounding was going on in her head. She felt like the Whomping Willow had slammed into her a million times over and over.

She buried her face into her pillow. She felt too horrible for having just been tipsy. She'd drunk more before, and she'd felt better than this. Part of her wondered what time it was, but she still felt like opening her eyes would be impossible. But Lily was glad that whatever it was that had been plaguing her during the wedding, was no longer in her thoughts at all. Nor in her memory, it seemed.

A knock on her door made her groan again. "What?" she called out, not bothering to move.

She heard her door open, but heard a voice that she hadn't really expected. "Mistress Lily," Kreacher spoke, "your mother wanted me to let you know that she had to go and have a discussion with her editor. And your father is at the office today."

Lily sighed. So she was home alone. Perfect. She could just keep sleeping. No parents around to bother her. "Ok," she mumbled into her pillow.

"But your father will be home at three o'clock, and he wants to speak with you," Kreacher finished, almost proudly.

Lily groaned loudly this time. "Dammit!" she complained. Slowly, she rolled onto her back. "What time is it now?"

"Twenty minutes until three," Kreacher answered.

Lily pulled in a relaxing breath, trying not to scream. "Ok. Thank you, Kreacher." There was a sharp 'CRACK' sound, and Lily knew she was alone. She finally opened her eyes, blinking and flinching at the sunlight coming in through her open curtains. She glanced over to see Regal sleeping in his cage, and that her window was closed. That meant one of her parents at stepped into her room. She was slow to get up, and even slower to get dressed for the day. She brushed her hair, in no mood to do anything with it, and dressed in shorts and a thin shirt. She didn't feel like going anywhere today.

She rifled through her potion box until she found one to get rid of her headache, and anything else that would get rid of her hangover symptoms. It only left her with a slightly soured state of mind, and a lack of motivation to actually do anything. It was only because of her growling stomach that she went down to the kitchen and made herself a quick lunch. But she was only part way through her lunch when she heard the front door open.

"Please let it be Mum," Lily mumbled under her breath.

But alas, her father stepped into the kitchen a few seconds later. "Good afternoon, princess. You sleep well?"

Lily sighed, her appetite gone at the thought of having a talk with her father. Although they were on much better terms, the idea still made her hesitant. "Yeah, you could say that. Kreacher told me that you wanted to talk?" Lily inquired, not wanting to prolong with idle small talk.

Harry sighed as he got himself something to drink, and then sat down with her at the table. "Yes, I did. Do you have the time?" Harry asked.

Lily shrugged. "I've got nothing planned, so I guess I've got all day."

Harry nodded, and his neutral expression made Lily even more hesitant. "I'm glad to hear that. Because it's kind of a serious talk. I knew your mother would be going to her editor today, so I thought now would be the perfect time to have a one-on-one."

Lily bit the inside of her cheek. If he didn't want her mum around, then that meant it was something he didn't want her around to hear until after it happened. Finally, she sighed again. "Well, what did you want to talk about?"